Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Kite/Osprey

• Vulture/Condor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please post below)

• Total voters
Lost a hen to Red Tailed hawk. It came through a hole in the top of the chicken run and then couldn’t get back out on its own. I figure about any hawk, owl, or eagle big enough to be a threat to a chicken is a threat.
Black Vultures are a serious threat to new born baby calves. We lost one this year to a horde of them, and managed to save two calves from them, but have to watch the cows very close when calves are coming.
My sister's boyfriend has the same problems with vultures ! Glad you saved two !

I had either a bald eagle or hawk kill my rooster and maybe a hen (her body was never found but they went missing the same day). My neighbor had seen the eagle eating the rooster, but we’re unsure of what exactly killed him because it had happened during the day. I might have pictures if anyone is interested

I had either a bald eagle or hawk kill my rooster and maybe a hen (her body was never found but they went missing the same day). My neighbor had seen the eagle eating the rooster, but we’re unsure of what exactly killed him because it had happened during the day. I might have pictures if anyone is interested
I'm interested in pictures!

I'm interested in pictures!
Warning, the pics are a bit graphic. I thought I had some of the supposed eagle eating it, but I must not have saved that picture

Attachments

• 5E25837C-DB79-45F7-9249-5647D8579135.jpeg
    5E25837C-DB79-45F7-9249-5647D8579135.jpeg
    1,023.4 KB · Views: 4
  • B33A3711-AE2B-40E7-89BA-786FFF053618.jpeg
    B33A3711-AE2B-40E7-89BA-786FFF053618.jpeg
    627.8 KB · Views: 4
I have a peregrine falcon stalking my ducks everyday, has not tried anything yet, but always flies off when I go outside, the small birds around usually warn when the peregrine is here..is he/she a threat to young ducks??

I voted none because my run is covered in chainlink, no way to get in.

I've seen owl, crow, and redtail attacks on my grandma's chickens. The redtails were most common.

Back
Top Bottom