What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
What color is he? I know its hard to tell he's only 3 days old y'all think opal?

Definitely NOT an Opal. Opal is an Agouti color (dilute Chestnut) so would have light insides to the ears and a white belly. This bunny is self patterned. It doesn't look like a straightforward Blue; it could be a self-patterned dilute Chin, or possibly a Smoke Pearl.

Definitely NOT an Opal. Opal is an Agouti color (dilute Chestnut) so would have light insides to the ears and a white belly. This bunny is self patterned. It doesn't look like a straightforward Blue; it could be a self-patterned dilute Chin, or possibly a Smoke Pearl. 

That was my next question - what color was the belly? I was actually going to suggest Smoke Pearl but didn't wanna sound like I didn't know what I was talking about lol

And here is how their sister turned out from a previous litter:

This "grey" rabbit of Kathryn's looks like an Agouti-patterned Siamese Sable. If you look carefully, the face is a good bit darker than the body, and the dark bands on the body hairs look brown rather than the black of a Chinchilla. Even though the eye looks like it might be dark gray, the color on the points looks a bit too dark for a dilute.

Agouti-patterned Siamese Sable, huh? Sorry, I know next to nothing about colors as I deal with mostly New Zealands. You know, REW, Black, Red, broken this or that color, is about all I really have needed to know
hide.gif
Everything else I just look up...

Last edited:
Ok so this is the "black" kit from my litter of 4 last week. I don't think it's black...anyone else have any ideas? Chestnut??

Last edited:

I was pretty sure you'd figure that one out before many more days passed.;) Yep, Chestnut!

I thought it was going to be...I don't see where the black would have come from in this pairing. Chestnut makes more sense considering the mom has two chestnut siblings. Now what about the "broken black" one? Will that be Broken Chestnut you think?
I'll post a pic in a min, here it is next to the broken blue tort

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom