What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
Thanks for the input! I know they don't all get the sludge, just being cautious. I also wouldn't want them to get too plump, we have a doe that is on the upper end of the scale. Do you have a reason for feeing all alfalfa? Have you tried timothy based pellets and like the alfalfa better? Just curious, we are always learning. I like the pellets we are currently on, their coats are nicer on the show formula than they were on the traditional timothy pellets. We also give rolled oats on occassion, for coat conditioning, and have found this combo to produce a very nice coat with a good sheen. I've just gone on what we have observed, and what is recommended to us by our 4H leader. She has several breeds with different types of coats and does very well at shows, so I tend to follow her advice! 

Do you just give raw oats, like Quaker oatmeal?

Thanks for the input! I know they don't all get the sludge, just being cautious. I also wouldn't want them to get too plump, we have a doe that is on the upper end of the scale. Do you have a reason for feeing all alfalfa? Have you tried timothy based pellets and like the alfalfa better? Just curious, we are always learning. I like the pellets we are currently on, their coats are nicer on the show formula than they were on the traditional timothy pellets. We also give rolled oats on occassion, for coat conditioning, and have found this combo to produce a very nice coat with a good sheen. I've just gone on what we have observed, and what is recommended to us by our 4H leader. She has several breeds with different types of coats and does very well at shows, so I tend to follow her advice! 

Do you just give raw oats, like Quaker oatmeal?

Raw, whole oats yes. Not instant. I use Quaker personally. Have also had great success with it.

I'm sorry! Hope you have better luck in the future!

Thank you... I'm looking for a replacement, I was already looking for some new SF genetics. And someone is wanting to trade a American blue doe, bred back to a american blue buck. I don't have any experience with this breed. Nor do I know anyone who does. If I got her I would be breeding her to my SF buck. I'm looking for good homestead rabbits for meat and fur...

Anyone have experience with Americans or American/ Silver fox cross?

Back
Top Bottom