What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
I'm sorry to hear that.
hugs.gif
Good luck with your remaining baby, and the rabbit with fur block.
Thanks
hugs.gif
I brought them inside today. And the rabbit has drank a few times today, hope she'll be ok
fl.gif

Ive had my original 3 Mini Rex's for nine years!! One passed away to health issues, but we have two or the original girls, and the daughter

Wow - I love to hear when rabbits are part of the family for so long.

Stern Rose - So glad to hear from you. You must have been busy lately. Hoping you are not being too hard on yourself. Accidents happen and bunnies are pretty tricky when it comes to "bunny business". You are a wonderful young rabbit keeper. I have learn from you. This is a lesson you have learned and I'm sure will change the way you do things going forward. You will figure something out. You always do. This person thinks you are a very bright young person!!
thumbsup.gif

Hello! I have two rabbits!

I got my first rabbit for Christmas, and he's a New Zealand White named Taco! He's quite spoiled, though. We go for walks at the park (with a harness and leash) he sits on my lap and we watch TV. He comes from great show quality lines, but I fear that his ears are to small for him to be a show rabbit XD not that it matters. He's just a pet anyway :D

My second one, that I just got last week, is half New Zealand and half Dutch, and her name is Libby. To be honest, I have mixed feelings about her. I try to pet her while she's in her cage and she'll lunge at my hands and scratch me, but once I manage to wrestle her out of the cage she's as sweet as can be! She's quite odd.

Both my rabbits are very young. Taco is only about ten weeks, and Libby is seven weeks old. I'll try and post pictures soon :D

I've only had rabbits for about a year. I'm confident with time, your 7 week old will warm up. What I have learned from my rabbits is that new smells can make them on high alert. Sometimes after I've pet the cat or the dog and then go to do something with the rabbits, they will run away from my hand or grunt. Mine are grown. It's probably that your little one is just settling in. Transitions can be tough on the little critters. Another thing I would suggest is not changing the diet of the new one during this time. Keep to the same diet she had prior to coming to you. I didn't introduce treats till they were several months old. If it's possible, maybe you can let the little one find her own way out of the cage before you pick her up. Some rabbits are more territorial than others. I didn't realize that it would start so young though. All the best.

I bred my rabbits on Saturday the weather is so cold . So I am a month late . I have a champagne I could not wait to breed His name is Oliver a pedigree . He would not mate . Low and behold He is a doe . I never looked The papers say buck so I did not question it. So I have a Olivia now. What a hoot that was . I could see it if I sexed him I get it wrong at times but a rabbit breeder that shows them and has lots of experience with this . O well Now I am looking for a buck again . Back to the drawing board again this year. I just wanted a champagne Litter this year.
I know my Californians are laughing at me
lau.gif
. CRazy Rabbits

I bred my rabbits on Saturday the weather is so cold . So I am a month late . I have a champagne I could not wait to breed His name is Oliver a pedigree . He would not mate . Low and behold He is a doe . I never looked The papers say buck so I did not question it. So I have a Olivia now. What a hoot that was . I could see it if I sexed him I get it wrong at times but a rabbit breeder that shows them and has lots of experience with this . O well Now I am looking for a buck again . Back to the drawing board again this year. I just wanted a champagne Litter this year.
I know my Californians are laughing at me
lau.gif
. CRazy Rabbits
I experienced the same thing you did only slightly different way off finding out...

I had registered my "doe" for the Junior Doe group at a show, I bring her up to the show table and the judge immediately looks confused and turns the bunny around and disqualifies it because of being in the wrong group. SO Embarassing
th.gif

For health reasons I have not permitted outside use of my bucks. Vent disease, pasteurella, and mites, just to name a few of the problems that I don't want to take a chance bringing into my rabbitry. All new rabbits go into the quarantine area for 30 days. I haven't ever had a health issue and prefer to keep it that way. That's not a criticism of others rabbits, it's simply good health & biosecurity practice.

You are right I will not stud for the same reason . If they want a rabbit buy one please .

Those stories of "changing sexes" had me laughing and feeling much better. I've been attempting to determine the sex of our babies for the past two weeks. This is our first batch. I was confident we had 5 girls, 2 boys and one was questionable. That was at 4 weeks. I check them every week and some are changing
wink.png
. Now I don't feel confident at all. I find it funny that the girls seem easier for me to sex than the boys. They are now 6 weeks old.

Lots of very experienced rabbit breeders have had visits from the "sex change fairy" just prior to a show - and most often, the evidence that a rabbit has been touched by her wand is a young buck entered in the junior doe class. Sometimes they are perfectly normal, but often the buck in question is one with a split penis - which could certainly look like a doe's vulva when the bunny is quite small.
wink.png

Last edited:
Lots of very experienced rabbit breeders have had visits from the "sex change fairy" just prior to a show - and most often, the evidence that a rabbit has been touched by her wand is a young buck entered in the junior doe class. Sometimes they are perfectly normal, but often the buck in question is one with a split penis - which could certainly look like a doe's vulva when the bunny is quite small.
wink.png

That is what happened to me. In 'Show A' I got disqualified because the buck was in a doe's class. Then in 'Show B' I got disqualified because the buck had a split penis. I petted him out to a girl in my area last summer.

Back
Top Bottom