What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
I don't know about Kanasa, but it's hot and very humid. I spend a lot of time everyday assuring that my animals don't heat stroke. This will be my life, and it will get even worse, until the end of October. I don't like Louisiana summers.
I'm with you on the not liking summer. Our central air conditioning went out. We are using portable evaporative coolers as a back up. We are not used to the moisture. Reminds me of the summers back east where everything stays damp from humidity. UGH.

I'm with you on the not liking summer.  Our central air conditioning went out.  We are using portable evaporative coolers as a back up.  We are not used to the moisture.  Reminds me of the summers back east where everything stays damp from humidity.  UGH.  

If ac goes out here, it is considered life threatening, seriously. A walk to your car from your house, 10 feet, results in sweating. Humidity sucks, but it is good for your complexion, like a 4 month steam bath, and good for plants. Not good for chickens and rabbits

Last edited:
I keep food in my rabbits dishes all times, hay as well and water. Fruits and snacks as I have them. My chicks twice a day feed but water always. The upstairs chickens have food and water constant since no one but us would go on the roof to feed them.

Well, a Cali doe I got on 5/31 is building a ferocious nest of hay/fur/anything she can reach :lau goodness. I haven't bred her and she has no reach to a buck...Babies just might arrive very soon she's very disturbed at the moment, refusing attention and treats and all other buns are chilled out relaxing.

Well, a Cali doe I got on 5/31 is building a ferocious nest of hay/fur/anything she can reach :lau goodness. I haven't bred her and she has no reach to a buck...Babies just might arrive very soon she's very disturbed at the moment, refusing attention and treats and all other buns are chilled out relaxing.

This should be interesting, Angel. Wonder what they'll be. Cali or not??? Fun!!

That is a huge amount of food!  Are you sure he's not just spilling it out?  Our rabbits get a coffee cup full of pellets in their bowl and it takes them about 2 days to eat it.  They also get a pile of forage and as much hay as they want.

My buns have free choice pellets and two of them don't eat nearly that much.
BTW, they're very favorite snak was apple until I started cutting them thornless blCkberry stems with leaves. They will leave the apple and anything else for that.

Well, we're down to 3 babies. From 6 to 3. :( Sad to see them go, but it was so fun to watch them grow! We'll be keeping one, a frosty Holland lop, from the litters.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom