What time do your roosters crow?

I don't see a definite pattern yet. Two are crowing, but it's some in the morning, some in the afternoon, some at dinnertime. Nothing excessive but doesn't seem like a scheduled thing with them.

Whenever they feel like it!!!
tongue.png
Seriously... they crow mainly as morning approaches but if something disturbs them they will crow whenever... not much you can do...some are noisier than others... if I have a particularly noisy one he makes the ultimate sacrifice... to keep peace with my neighbors...

4ish until the sun comes up. I never hear him unless the windows are open and I'm listening for it. A garage between coop and house makes an excellent sound buffer.

Well we are on East Coast & it was at 7am when our only rooster a splash silkie crowed, but w/ the time change now it's 6am...Good thing we don't have neighbors close
tongue.png

I have one BO roo, I first hear him around 6am, he crows a lot in the morning then for the most part he is quiet for the day.
I hear him every now and again but nothing over the top. Almost to the point that if I hear him crow a lot in the afternoon, I
go out and make sure nothing is wrong.

Frenchie crows when I open the chicken house around 7:00 am CST and in answer to neighboring roosters. He also crows when we walk by his coop or when he wants treats. And the Frenchie alarm goes off when danger is near. He actually chased a deer down the drive a couple weeks ago. The Frenchie alarm sounds very different from crowing - buck, buck, buck, buck, buck, buck, buck-CAW! buck, buck, buck, buck, buck, buck buck-CAW!

Back
Top Bottom