What was your free mystery chick from Murray Mcmurray hatchery??

I love seeing all these mystery chicks that everyone ended up with!  Mine won't be coming until April 6th, but it sure adds to the excitement to see these different kinds that we might end up with!  Thanks!
I feel the same way. After preparing for birds and placing orders, I felt relieved that my job was done until they get here. Then I found this thread. I became super excited, even though I have 5-6 weeks of waiting. Then fun has yet to come!!!

Last edited:
I can't believe a week from now my chicks will be here
wee.gif
it will be this Tuesday or Wednesday and my brooder already has pine shavings,feeder,water,roosts set up. Can't wait to get the call form the post office in a week!!! It's hard waiting for your little peepers
big_smile.png
jumpy.gif

My chicks arrived!!!!!!

Here's they are getting warmed up

Here they are learning to drink

Here's the biggest character of them all,my light brahma hen I'll open the door on the brooder and she'll come running to my hand. And get in the way of the other chicks when it's picture time
wink.png

My gold polish hen

My free mystery chick is a blue cochin,pretty nice freebie I ordered a black cochin so I'd say there gonna be good pals. Hopefully it isn't a rooster.
But..........this is the first time I ordered from Murray Mcmurray and I didn't the free electrolyte packet for the chicks water which isn't a big deal and one of my egyptian fayoumis and one of black sumatra chicks died. The egyptian fayoumis was already died and the black sumatra died not long after being home. So that sucks but I got the credit on my account. But over all the rest are healthy and happy
big_smile.png
jumpy.gif

Congratz on the babies and sorry about the ones that died. I got mine today too, and some of them look nice and healthy but i got a few that look very tired and sitting down letting the others walk on them. Hopefully they survive!
I think they gave me a buff orpington as the exotic, but I count 11 when i only ordered 10. OR, its probably a buff something... =D We'll see. They did put in an extra Pearl White leghorn cockerel and the buff one is probably a cockerel too. I don't really mind, as I like to call them, "free food" =D

Last edited:
That's great,and not too long ago one of my white leghorn pullets died which when I opened the box she was kinda sluggish looking and they were standing on her too. But I'm glad the rest of them are lively,and I gave them a little bowl of sandy soil,wood ash,and diatamaceous earth and they started pecking at it. I seen one try to take a dustbath in the shavings so I gave them it to give them something to do. Good luck with your little one's!!

My chicks arrived!!!!!! Here's they are getting warmed up Here they are learning to drink Here's the biggest character of them all,my light brahma hen I'll open the door on the brooder and she'll come running to my hand. And get in the way of the other chicks when it's picture time ;) My gold polish hen My free mystery chick is a blue cochin,pretty nice freebie I ordered a black cochin so I'd say there gonna be good pals. Hopefully it isn't a rooster. But..........this is the first time I ordered from Murray Mcmurray and I didn't the free electrolyte packet for the chicks water which isn't a big deal and one of my egyptian fayoumis and one of black sumatra chicks died. The egyptian fayoumis was already died and the black sumatra died not long after being home. So that sucks but I got the credit on my account. But over all the rest are healthy and happy:D :jumpy
I am so sorry to hear about the sick and dead chicks. It is good hearing about all the others though. I am so happy for you. Your little Cohin seems so sweet and is too adorable. I will not be seeing mine until March. I wonder why they made me wait so long?

Back
Top Bottom