What was your free mystery chick from Murray Mcmurray hatchery??

Here is a picture of my baby at 2 weeks old.
I have very small hands. The feet are pink and she is smaller than all my other chicks. Is it a Wellsummer?

Last edited:
Here is a picture of my baby at 2 weeks old.
I have very small hands. The feet are pink and she is smaller than all my other chicks. Is it a Wellsummer?
It could be a Welsummer, but it reminds me somewhat of my Speckled Sussex hen. She started out with a chipmunk patterning and then sprouted partridge feathers before eventually developing the white tips to them at a month or so of age.

She looks much darker and smaller than the Speckled Sussex roo that I ordered though. Hmm. Surprises are fun! Thanks for replying.

Here are my chicks - any notion of what they are? about 3 weeks old. I think the first is the Speckled Sussex roo. His comb is reddish.
This one has feathers on feet. No clue here.
Here's the Sussex roo, I suspect.

Last edited:
Maybe a Black Cochin??? The others are cockerels I'm thinking. Things could definitely change though since it is so early.

I got a aesome americana rooster. beautiful one i must say.Sadly having difficulties posting pictures.
hmm.png

My shipment is coming on May 1st. I'm hoping for a Pheonix, Yokohama, or some sort of Cochin. Here's my order.
3 Black Langshan
3 Turkens
1 Mottled Houdan
1 White Crested Black Polish
2 Modern Games
1 Buttercup
2 Golden Pencilled Hamburgs
1 Whiting True Blue
1 White Laced Red Cornish

My shipment is coming on May 1st. I'm hoping for a Pheonix, Yokohama, or some sort of Cochin. Here's my order.
3 Black Langshan
3 Turkens
1 Mottled Houdan
1 White Crested Black Polish
2 Modern Games
1 Buttercup
2 Golden Pencilled Hamburgs
1 Whiting True Blue
1 White Laced Red Cornish

Exciting! : )

I had my fingers crossed for a Blue Cochin. To my surprise I opened the box from MM this morning and there was a lovely Blue Cochin chick among the others I'd ordered. To say the least, I'm thrilled.

I had my fingers crossed for a Blue Cochin.  To my surprise I opened the box from MM this morning and there was a lovely Blue Cochin chick among the others I'd ordered.  To say the least, I'm thrilled. 

That's a stroke of luck. Let's hope it's a pullet. (Unless, of course you want a roo).

Back
Top Bottom