What would you do? **UPDATE**

well some where some time ur lies will come out. it never fails. always tell the truth. tell him u want it or ur gona turn him in.

I am with Johnnyjack on this one........ always strive to tell the truth and follow the law.........thats what laws are for , animal control will do something if you complain of animal cruelty.........then watch when this dog comes up for adoption and go get it for a friend...... I loath those kind of animal owners.........but I used to work with animal control in Los Angeles.....home to millions just like this one.......they will work with and for you........they don't want to just kill this dog either.........and the owner is slowly killing it....so good luck...... keep us posted

If you're going to tell him, I would save the dog BEFORE telling him. The mistreated come first. The guy cannot be trusted not to take it out on the dog.

If you're not going to tell him, you might consider sending him an anonymous note that makes it clear if he is ever seen with another animal being mistreated authorities will be immediately contacted.

Thank you for your kindness toward this poor dog!

JJ

Report him. He's a real jerk indeed! This is animal cruelty! :mad:

Save the dog before it's too late! The dog might even take care of your chickens for your kindness to him!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Next time he leaves the dog for the weekend, relocate it. It's the fairest thing for the animal, and animal control would have to have a long term complaint, or starvation before it could take the animal. If someone wants it, and can give it a good home then give the doggy what it deserves. You don't even have to lie... "while you were out of town the dog probably found a new home"

Ok, I have also been in this position.
Neighbours live too close to you, If you report him who knows waht he may do back to you and your animals, im sure he would guess who dobbed him in.
They dont think they are abusing the animals.
If animal control stipulate he has to provide feed/water and shelter, he may do it but the dog will still be unhappy there.

I would wait till the dog came onto YOUR property again, then have your friends come by and pick him up and take him to a much nicer place to live, you can even turn your back while they are doing it so you saw nothing. then you dont have to lie.
Good luck with this, let us know how you go.

Hers my advice: Sneak into his yard in the middle of the night and take his dog. Also, put some spare eggs to use by egging the jerk's house, just for the fun of it
gig.gif

I have to go with MD on this one. Granted it's a little stressful for the dog but it will be neutered, get up to date on vaccines and possibly microchipped for the new owners and they can go pick him up at the shelter for a small fee.
I'm sure if you explained the situation to the animal control person you talk to that they would understand and be willing to work with you.

Quote:
this is what im talking about how do ya know the dog isnt already microchiped. if so an u take . ur lies will find ya out.

Here's the latest on my dog saga. The dog has now been picked up by animal control twice. I called the guy monday and told him that his dog was in lockup. I told him that I knew a great family that would be willing to buy the dog - like I thought - he said no. He was SO hurt that someone had called animal control on his dog - his last neighbors didn't mind him roaming and liked taking care of him! He told me he bought a kennel and will start keeping him in it. So, now this dog will be in lockdown for the rest of his life with no companionship and may or may not be fed and watered - well, at least he won't chase cars anymore, right? I'd rather be dead...

The guy that picks up strays for the parish called the sheriffs dept and had them come out to talk to all of the people in my neighborhood that let their dogs roam. They were at his house last night when I came home. Well, guess what? THE JERK WASN'T HOME! He never is!!! Why would you want to have a dog if you're never home????

So anyway I let my dogs out last night before I went to bed and guess who was at my back fence? Yep - the jerks dog. I'm done.

The end

Back
Top Bottom