What's Your Chickens names and Why are they named that?

Ours are:

Om-lette - Buff Orpington. The second syllable is stressed opposite of the dish. Because she's yellow.
Petunia - SLW. We call her "tooney tunes". She's a total klutz and jokester always tipping over the treat dish and running crazy.
Susan Sarandon - EE. She's got big eyes and red feathers.
Ladybird - Blue Plymouth Rock - Named for Ladybird Johnson.
LaFonda - Black Silkie - Named for an old primary school friend.
Desiree - Partridge Silkie - She just looks like a Desiree with her fabulous hat which she had even at 1 week!

Mostly they respond to their names!

I think one of my all time favorite names is from a BYC member who has a black jersey giant or Australorp roo named "Buddy Blackheart" It cracks me up EVERY time I think of it -

I have Marla Hooch (If I posted a picture, you'd know why) She is BY FAR my dear favorite
-Sandra Dee
-Sister
-Betty Rizzo
-Hazel

We had a Narcoleptic rooster named "Uncle Fester" ... I miss him - he was a nut - fell over sound asleep when anything startled him. I would have capitalized on that, but it would have been too mean.

RR are Parmesan and Cacciatore.

Rocks are Gravy, Noodle and Dumpling.

Buff Orp is Buffy.

White Leghorn is Leghorn.

Black Sex Link is Cajun Blackened Chicken..."Blacky"

EE's are Moo Goo and Gai Pan.

I have 5 new girls who haven't been officially named yet. They are generally called by their breeds; 2 NH, 1 Black Australorp, 1 Silver Wyandotte and one that was sold to my mother as a araucana, but she is definitely not...she is probably an EE'er.

And then there is this lovely lady that my daughter named Cheeps Peeps...I was given her after she was attacked by a couple of dogs and the owner wanted her to have a safe place to live. I don't know what kind she is...maybe Brown Leghorn?
28530_388743236793_591381793_4141769_372491_n.jpg

28530_388743581793_591381793_4141771_6028710_n.jpg

LouLou-- Blue ameracauna was originally name Blue Louey until we realized he was a she so it changed to LouLou
Chuck-- BIG barred rock roo he was named that when we got him but i think it could have something to do with the occasional attitude he gives, when he starts acting crazy he reminds me of Chucky from Childs Play Luckily that is not very often, I think he knows who the big chicken of the yard is. (ME)

Mitch and Tina-- White crested black polish they were already named when i got them
Scarlette-- Silver spangled hamburg she came with Mitch and Tina and was already named

Super Howard-- White Peking my 2 year old son named HER
Skeeter & Skooter-- my two Broad breasted white turkeys Their original names were Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas Dinner but i made the mistake of falling in love with them and their personalities So now they are just my baby pet turkeys

GLW: Wilma now Wilber d/t finding out Wilma is a roo
BSL : Betty Think Flintstones

GLW Shirley
BSL Laverne

GLW Ethel
BSL Ruth they were suppose to Lucy and Ethel but DH wanted Ruth after his grandma

2 Barred Rocks Matilida and Milly just because the look so much alike
2 Silver Laced Cochin Bantam Foxy and Roxy sounded like feisty names and they need feisty names

Cindy Coo (BO) named by one of my kids after Cindy Loo Who in the Grinch

Chicken Little (BO) named by one of my kids because she was a little chicken. Ironically, she is now the biggest of the group.

Theodora (NHR) named by my 5 year old who loves the Chipmunks and wanted to name her Theodore. We convinced her to at least name her Theodora.

Ginger (NHR) named after Ginger in "Chicken Run"

Peanut (GLW) she was the tiniest little thing and wouldn't eat when we got her. She changed her mind after I introduced kefir mixed into her crumbles. She's still smaller than the others but is the spunkiest, bossiest chicken! My DH says she has "Little Chicken Syndrome"
big_smile.png

Kimber (SLW) I named her after my husbands gun because I wanted him to like my chickens. It worked.
wink.png

Anastasia (RO) Well, she's a Russian Orloff so she needed a Russian name!

Princess (EE) she's a sweetie and according to my 5 yo, needs a tiara and a sparkly dress!

Belle (EE) she's a beautiful EE with black markings. Since Belle means beauty we went with it

Rose (EE) she's got a lot of red markings in her so we named her rose

Duchess (EE) She's older than all the others and believes herself to be the queen. I demoted her to Duchess because she is still royalty!

Abigail or Abby (BLSW) I'm not sure why I chose this name. She's been very sick and I didn't want her to die a nameless chicken. This popped into my head and I went with it. She's doing better but not out of the woods ye.

Zeus (BLSW) He is a big, studly blue laced splash Wyandotte rooster so he needed a big studly name! It was either that or Thor! Since I'm hoping he doesn't turn out too loud I went with Zeus since Thor was the god of thunder.

If I ever get another chick (or should I say "when") I'm naming it Dixie so I can have a Dixie chick!

Coach - Buff Cochin Rooster
Lacey - Buff Hen for her fluffy butt
Buffy - Buff Orp Hen
Mary - Cuckoo Maran Hen
Nick - Dom Rooster
Lizzy - Cuckoo Hen
Scarlet - RIR Hen
Mystery - I think she is a Polish Buff Orp Cross (Our 1st chicken hatched in my sons class at school about 6 years ago & how we got started)
LB - Short for Little Bast_ _ _. He has more attitude then my Dom & Cochin Roosters and is mean as a snake. Always on attach mode.
Minnie - Dark Brahma X Polish Bantam hen
Lulu - Bantam Hen
Sweetie - Blue Cochin Hen
Sky - Blue Cochin Hen
The rest I call the girls.

VEINS-Cochin/Silkie/Sebright roo First saw him as veins in an egg, so I named him VEINS
SPIKE-Smooth Cochin Frizzle roo who looked like a SPIKE
SPUD- Black Silkie roo who definitely looks like a SPUD
SLINKY-Cochin Frizzle hen, her neck reminded me of a slinky
MUGGSY-Cochin-Silkie hen She looks like a MUGGSY

My three Belgian D'Uccle hens are BLACKBERRY, RASPBERRY and PRECIOUS
Black frizzle cochin hen-LBH
Cochin/Sebright/Silkie hen-LBM

Some bantams I used to have and still miss

HINGE-Red Frizzle Cochin roo who crowed like a hinge
SOFT and CUDDLY-Barred Cochin hen who was very soft and cuddly
LITTLE RED HEN-RIR roo that acted like a hen
BITING BRAHMA-he bit everything