Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Pics
Quote:
If that is true then exhibitors would have to petition the standards board to change the standards. Part of the change would be a very detailed description of the fluff, how big, color, how tall etc. It may be easier to breed it out.
Joe

Randy since the white fluff is on the tail Coverts we must assume that it is part of the tail. They judge by comparison and if male does not have a DQ and no other male with no white you could still have a first place and BoB. Don

i know how to fix the fluff lets mix in some araucana and kill the tail all together
lol and the pea comb will fix a roo i have with 6 points lol lol
Quote:

Randy since the white fluff is on the tail Coverts we must assume that it is part of the tail. They judge by comparison and if male does not have a DQ and no other male with no white you could still have a first place and BoB. Don

lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

i am totaly fine it being a cut in points but totaly oppose haveing it be a total diss qulify, that would remove every bird on the plannet as far as i can see when this topic came up in the past ,, it was said it was a dq and everyone kept saying a dq yesterday i was told a cut and it could change again in a week
i like a challange,,, me keeping the same girlfriend for 4 years is a challange(her putting hp with me ) , and this cotton tail rabbit challange is fine with me but even considering throwing all rabbit tail wheaten out of the race is silly
, juss my 2 cents ,and some humor also ,ps its only chicken lol

Quote:
If that is true then exhibitors would have to petition the standards board to change the standards. Part of the change would be a very detailed description of the fluff, how big, color, how tall etc. It may be easier to breed it out.
Joe

Will try and say this without making anyone angry. Walt, just explained this yesterday and said that the APA would not let the Marans club include acceptance of the Cottonball in the proposed standard, He is meeting with the balance of the standard committee at Shawnee and will ask about if the white wing and tail are a fault or DQ. The thing is they do not want any white fluff at all. Don

Last edited:
Ok, I need to know this. Is it the cottonball fluff in question, or is it the color of the cottonball? In other words, if the cottonball was "light slate" or "grey" colored, is the appearance of it accepted? I realize the undercoat should be grey, but it's the idea that the fluff shows through at all that gets me.
hu.gif

Quote:
Debbi, As Walt stated yesterday it is the tail Covert feather that is partially white that is causing the white cottonball, I checked my Males and he is 100% right. Don

So it's the actual feathers and not the fluff?? May be true in some, but I have seen some that sure looked like it was the white undercoat popping through. Some even showed the white fluff on the butt area. If it is indeed the feathers, are they a different texture/makeup than regular feathers?

Back
Top Bottom