When can an adult rooster be introduced to pullets?

Can i introduce a immature rooster to my flock of hens
You can. They will treat him the same way they would any other immature chicken. If he is the only one being introduced at that time, you will face the same problems that any single chicken introduction will face.

You can. They will treat him the same way they would any other immature chicken. If he is the only one being introduced at that time, you will face the same problems that any single chicken introduction will face.
I have other roosters that are mature my sister is having problems with her hands not getting along and I recommended a rooster because they keep the hens from fighting so would it be better if I gave her a mature rooster?

An immature rooster will not settle them down. A mature rooster, after he has established his dominance in the flock might be more likely to do it. The big question is, why are her hens fighting? Do they have enough space? If they're confined in the winter, they may need more coop space than in the summer. I'd make sure space is not an issue before giving her another bird to contend with.

An immature rooster will not settle them down. A mature rooster, after he has established his dominance in the flock might be more likely to do it. The big question is, why are her hens fighting? Do they have enough space? If they're confined in the winter, they may need more coop space than in the summer. I'd make sure space is not an issue before giving her another bird to contend with. 
ya she has a beautiful coop indoor nesting area and out door run one day they started picking on one and it continued down the line it's strange mine don't do that but I have a rooster who breaks up all the fights that start

i have 4 black copper marans and two bantam Cochins that are all a year and 4 10 week olds in one pen. Can I introduce my bcm rooster as long as he has the hens to mate and not the chicks? He's all alone and I feel bad for him haha

i have 4 black copper marans and two bantam Cochins that are all a year and 4 10 week olds in one pen. Can I introduce my bcm rooster as long as he has the hens to mate and not the chicks? He's all alone and I feel bad for him haha
No reason not to introduce him to the pullets. They usually don't try to mate immature pullets. So with the mature hens there that is makes it much more likely that he will do nothing more then tell them he is the flock master till they mature.

I have some 5-6 week old pullets and recently received a adult roosters things went well upon introduction for about 2 hours then he started being kind of bad. Will things settle down in a few days. We have been given them separate outside time an locking him up at night.

Back
Top Bottom