Where to buy Diatomaceous Earth?

kabeyun17

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 9, 2010
Brockton
I live in SE Massachusetts, and I am trying to find a supplier of food-grade DE for my coop and garden. I could order online, but the shipping costs for a 50 lb bag more than doubles the actual cost of the product itself. Does anyone know of a garden center or farm supply store that carries large packages of DE?

I get mine at the Feed store.
It is actually really cheap too!

SO jut check your local feed stores, they should ALL carry it.

Good luck!

I don't know how close this is to you but they carry the 50lb bag of food grade DE called Perma-Guard.

Sticks & Stones Farm
Berkley, MA 02779
508-822-5211
[50 lb FSF]

big_smile.png

I live in Utah and when I asked for it at my local feed store, they tried to sell me non food grade. Stupid thing is I just bought it without checking. Now I have a bag of garbage I can't use.

Paaz I used to live in AZ too and got mine form the feed store as well. You wouldn't believe how hard it can be to track down! I live in UT now and none of the feed stores carry food grade DE. GGRRRR!!!

I live in Northern Vermont. Seeing you live in New England, if there is a place near you that sells maple sugaring supplies, go there and ask for some filter aid. Filter aid is food grade DE and maple producers use it when boiling sap to help clarify the sap as it boils down to syrup. Where I live, none of the feed stores sell DE, but we have several businesses that sell sugaring supplies and all of them have it.

Thanks for all your good suggestions! I'm going to try that place in Berkley.
rrrsmom, you can still use that DE on your garden. Sprinkle it on the plants or on the soil or dig it in and it will kill all those soft-bodied grubs and slugs and cutworms, without harming beneficial insects like butterflies and bees.

Back
Top Bottom