Where to buy food grade DE?

CT

Chirping
10 Years
Feb 19, 2010
Great Lakes
I haven't found food grade diatomaceous earth locally. I found non-food grade DE at Country Max, but there's 1% "other" in the ingredient list, and I wasn't sure if that was OK. The local health food shop sells it in the pet section, and I wasn't sure if it was food grade or not, but the price was like $16 for a little shaker that would hardly do my coop once. Where can I get it online for a decent price? I have done searches, but the shipping is so variable, that it's hard to get an apples to apples comparison. I figured some of you have already done this homework and would probably be willing to share notes.

Quote:
Wow! Our feed mill has food grade DE in 50 lb. sacks for $16. One 50 lb. sack will last me a year using in in the coop and on the garden.

No one knows what it even is around here, and I have given thought to getting a couple of big 50# bags and dividing it up into smaller ones and advertising it. I use it religiously in my indoor birds and want to use it with the alpacas too. . .can't figure out how to do it without it getting hard . . .

Quote:
I would call first before heading to TSC. Went went to my local this morning and could not find it. Just an empty shelf. The sales lady could not understand it. "as soon as we started to stock this it just started flying off the shelves" This is also a TSC that is located in a urban area.
I think many people are learning about its good for all sorts of animals.

Last edited:
We ordered a 50 lb bag and was sent through the mail,,we had to pick it up at the
post office (obviously) but was so easy to find,,,here's the place we ordered it from online,,,
agrogreencanada.com
it's in Canada,,if you are in the states,then you can contact them and ask them for
a link to the states..
smile.png
it's the best stuff on earth!

Back
Top Bottom