Where to find boxes?

Tiegrsi

Songster
Jul 19, 2016
Burgaw, NC
I know the box stores have little boxes specifically for chicks being purchased by customers. I have looked online for "chick boxes", "cardboard animal carriers", "cardboard pet carriers", etc...yet I am only finding cost prohibitive items. Does anyone buy them online somewhere in bulk or small quantities for selling chicks at farmer's markets? Am I looking for the wrong thing? TIA!

You might also be able to use a small brown paper lunch bag if it's only going to be a couple of small chicks and they aren't travelling long distance.

Murray McMurray also sells them in 25, 50, and 100 chick capacity. I am not sure if you can order the boxes through their website but you can through the catalog. McMurray's phone number is 800-456-3280 and the order number for the boxes are:
25 Chick Box Package of 5 925B $21.95
50 Chick Box Package of 5 950B $23.95
100 Chick Box Package of 5 9100B $25.95
You can also order a free catalog from their website if you want.

Thanks, everyone, for your replies. 25 chick capacity is too big, and the small bird carrier you mentioned, Mortie, is too small. LOL...that's life, ain't it? I really appreciate everyone's help, though. I guess I'll be sticking with non-specific cardboard boxes for now. I've heard wine boxes can be great for a couple of chicks - maybe I'll try that.

I don't think OP is wanting shipping boxes. I think OP is wanting a cardboard carrier for the chicks?
When I sell my ducklings at animal swaps, I buy these: LINK
$16.95 + $5.46 shipping. Pretty cheap and easy!
10"L x 6 3/4"H x 5 1/2"W
Safe, no staples, strong glued joints and extra ventilation
Recyclable, approximately 70% post-consumer recycled product.
Easy assembly instructions on carriers.
Easy one-piece construction.
Sold by the dozen.
Pocket Disposable Pet Carrier for Small Animals/Pocket Pets Cardboard, 12/Case
s-l500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom