White Easter Egger?

I am getting mine on February 4th I will have to post what they look like!!
love.gif

Ideal Poultry confirmed our newest Ameracauna (EE) is likely a white or wheaten Ameracauna (EE).

She is the sweetest bird. Will snuggle when held. I say "she" because we ordered pullets only and they tell me no roosters were included in our order.
But I know to wait and see. Fingers crosses :)

Ideal Poultry confirmed our newest Ameracauna (EE) is likely a white or wheaten Ameracauna (EE).

She is the sweetest bird. Will snuggle when held. I say "she" because we ordered pullets only and they tell me no roosters were included in our order.
But I know to wait and see. Fingers crosses :)

Ideal Poultry does not have any true Ameraucana. I see green legs (which means yellow skin) and a clean face (no muffs or beard). It's an Easter Egger, no matter what they try to tell you. The chick will be a white bird, but that doesn't mean it's an Ameraucana. Easter Eggers can be any color.

That is why I did it the way I did...Ameracauna (EE).
Ideal says Ameracauna, but I understand Easter Egger (EE).

:)

We have 3 others from Ideal that are now almost 9 months old. All of them do have the muffs and beards, but they didn't come in until they got older, closer to 4 months. This chick is only 2-3 weeks old. I don't show, breed or anything. They are my pets and egg producers and the Ameracaunas/EE are my fun birds. :)

Last edited:
That is why I did it the way I did...Ameracauna (EE).
Ideal says Ameracauna, but I understand Easter Egger (EE).

:)

We have 3 others from Ideal that are now almost 9 months old. All of them do have the muffs and beards, but they didn't come in until they got older, closer to 4 months. This chick is only 2-3 weeks old. I don't show, breed or anything. They are my pets and egg producers and the Ameracaunas/EE are my fun birds. :)
But Ameraucana are not Easter Eggers, and Easter Eggers are not Ameraucana. The names are not interchangeable, and it just adds to the confusion.

I was just here for fun and followed the same format I saw others posting...Ameracauna/Easter Egger or Ameracauna (EE).

Was trying to follow the same postings as others.

Sorry if I confused anyone.

Last edited:
So fun! Our little EE pullet is getting her white coloring. I chose the palest one I could find in hopes of getting a white or wheaten EE. Her name is Rose. (a la the Golden Girls)

I'll try to take a new pic... this was her day old picture.

Oh my gosh, I haven't updated our white EE... she is SOLID white. I'll have to go out tomorrow and take a good pic of her, she is about 9 weeks now (I think)...

Here she is at 2 weeks:

3 weeks:

4 weeks:

and 5 weeks:

After that, she was moved outside, so I stopped taking as many pics... but I'll have to show ya'll how beautiful she is. I mean, the white is STRIKING!

This was taken just yesterday, so Rose is technically 8.5 weeks old. She remains the biggest of our bunch, but the others are catching up. Just slower to mature. Her feathers are stunning and solid white. She is quite the lap chicken, and a favorite of my husband since she'll walk right up to him and practically beg to be held.

Back
Top Bottom