White Leghorn, the forgotten breed

I love how the five points of his comb look like star points- awesome! The MH pullet has started to lay and the WL pullet's comb is almost as red as the cockerels so looking for eggs soon..

Our lovely White Leghorn (pullet?)...my daughter named her "Fred".
frow.gif

- TieDyeMommy

I had the White leghorns up for sale with the rest of my chickens but decided to keep them! The pullet is a reliable layer giving us 6 eggs out of 7 days. And yes the eggs are very big so I offered some hatchinb eggs or chicks to the folks that wanted to buy the parent stock. I hope they weren't too mad at me but "Isa" can provide our family with plenty and she is so purely white. The first time dh walked down to my coops he asked if I had given 'those white ones' a bath;-) Your pullet is a beauty and should be giving you big eggs soon!

I had the White leghorns up for sale with the rest of my chickens but decided to keep them! The pullet is a reliable layer giving us 6 eggs out of 7 days. And yes the eggs are very big so I offered some hatchinb eggs or chicks to the folks that wanted to buy the parent stock. I hope they weren't too mad at me but "Isa" can provide our family with plenty and she is so purely white. The first time dh walked down to my coops he asked if I had given 'those white ones' a bath;-) Your pullet is a beauty and should be giving you big eggs soon!

Thank you.
smile.png
Today we had two eggs...she started laying two a day, yesterday. One was the same size as the previous eggs, and one was noticeably bigger. She's been reliable from day-one, laying an egg per day (except for a two-day break, last week). Looking forward to when all our ladies lay eggs.
big_smile.png

- TieDyeMommy

Back
Top Bottom