White Leghorn, the forgotten breed

My most recent picture of "Fred", taken a couple of days ago. I guess her to be approximately 16/17wks old.
(Youth-size soccer ball next to her)
smile.png

And this is our first chicken egg
celebrate.gif
(we used to have laying ducks)...I found this little guy on the floor of their run just before locking The Ladies up last night. I have Fred (White Leghorn), Red (Red Sex-Link), Olive, Goldie & Shed (Easter Eggers)...all of whom are about the same age (give or take a week). Would I be correct in assuming this egg came from my Leghorn?
hu.gif
I know the coloring is odd on this pic...I took it with my phone. The blanket it's on is a dark chocolate color & the egg is white. It was also small, but that makes sense considering it's a first egg.

My most recent picture of "Fred", taken a couple of days ago. I guess her to be approximately 16/17wks old.
(Youth-size soccer ball next to her)
smile.png

And this is our first chicken egg
celebrate.gif
(we used to have laying ducks)...I found this little guy on the floor of their run just before locking The Ladies up last night. I have Fred (White Leghorn), Red (Red Sex-Link), Olive, Goldie & Shed (Easter Eggers)...all of whom are about the same age (give or take a week). Would I be correct in assuming this egg came from my Leghorn?
hu.gif
I know the coloring is odd on this pic...I took it with my phone. The blanket it's on is a dark chocolate color & the egg is white. It was also small, but that makes sense considering it's a first egg.

Congrats on the first egg!! Always so cool to find them!
wee.gif

My pap told me today that one of my white leghorn hens which are now 4 months old going on 5 was in hue he nesting box how close do u think til she's gunan lay

My pap told me today that one of my white leghorn hens which are now 4 months old going on 5 was in hue he nesting box how close do u think til she's gunan lay

Yes. Between 4 & 5 months they will start laying. Put them all on a good layer feed and provide some oyster shell a few times a week. Give them vitamin-electrolyte-probiotic powder in waterers 3 days a week.

Lol it's ok its just my parents h8 even buying me scratch grains for them so ya hopefully when they lay i could make enough money to provide some type of feed

Question:
hu.gif

Is it common for White Leghorn hens to have combs that fall over one eye? Our hen's comb is beautiful, and doesn't appear to bother her, but it is big and flops over her right eye. I haven't really seen any images of hens with this kind of comb and wanted to make sure it's not something I should be worried about.

Thanks in advance!
smile.png

Question:  :confused:

Is it common for White Leghorn hens to have combs that fall over one eye?  Our hen's comb is beautiful, and doesn't appear to bother her, but it is big and flops over her right eye.  I haven't really seen any images of hens with this kind of comb and wanted to make sure it's not something I should be worried about.

Thanks in advance!  :)

Mine does that...my daughter calls it her "comb over"!!!

Back
Top Bottom