White yokohama from Cackle Hatchery

Quote:
need a little more info, pics would help. Poop discription, skin /comb color faded? etc. Theres such a wide array of stuff they can get from coccidia, enteritis, other parasites and bacterial infection, heavy worm loads. MG, etc...

I will take pictures tomorrow when I get back home.
thank for reply back

Quote:
need a little more info, pics would help. Poop discription, skin /comb color faded? etc. Theres such a wide array of stuff they can get from coccidia, enteritis, other parasites and bacterial infection, heavy worm loads. MG, etc...

I will take pictures tomorrow when I get back home.
thank for reply back

59337_2010-10-02_162000.jpg

59337_2010-10-02_162108.jpg

their comb are really pale,faces have this weird purple color.

Last edited:
'd try some Tylan or something like that to start, worming them with 3 cc's of Safe Guard per gallon of water wouldnt hurt either if you have done that recently.
May be coccidia, use medicated starter or a good coccidiant medication like Corid.
Also just had a buddy have a case of enteritis in his younger birds, a fellow BYC'er recommended BDM he said it cleared it right up in 3-5 days.
They definitely have something going on in them, if the rear is poop covered, along with the matted feathers, and runny droppings, thats what this guy was having with the enteritis, which can also make them more susceptible to coccidia. Wouldnt hurt to try both meds if the Tylan doesnt bring them back in a day or so.

Last edited:
Quote:
thank you soo much .
is so painful to see these birds sick,
ill try that .
I never wouldn't thought they were so vulnerable to so many illness.

Can yokohama chickens withstand cold Wisconsin winters if they are in an enclosed non-heated chicken coop?

I recieved my Red Shouldered Yokohamas from Cackle Hatchery and they are 3 months old now. They are doing great. I can't wait to see if one is a Rooster or not. I also ordered some from Welp Hatchery and they are 2 months old. But the chicks were a completely different color and seem to be much smaller. I'll get photos posted later.

Back
Top Bottom