White yokohama from Cackle Hatchery

Hi:

He is alone in a pen of 3`w * 5` L * 5`H platform with a wire gauze on the floor. The females are apart, only when I breed is when he is with hens. Every week I clean the tail with shampoo for that he was not stained.

47748_copy_of_picture_020.jpg

Quote:
WOW thanks for posting the pic of his pen, Boggy Bottom Bantams ( Aubrey) and I are planning on raising bantam phoenix and I have been planning to do just what you described about keeping the hens and roos separate so they wont break his tails, and I have also been comtemplating what kind of floor design to use to keep him off the ground and mud and that looks like it would work great and be easy to take up and clean every now and then.

Attempt to post a pic of my Yokos.....

24485_kellys_iphone_098.jpg

Edited to add Yay it worked! Mine were chicks from Performance Poultry in Ontario last May...

Last edited:
Beautiful! If you'd have been at the PA Farm show this year he may have won Best of Breed over mine. Mine's tail was that long but ripped out his longest two sickles on a feeder-bowl-holder in the parrot cage I put him in for the winter. The bowl fits tightly into a holder that covers its rim, and each time the feather was caught in there. Your bird has a bigger comb, though he is probably 6 mos. younger. I think that is GOOD if it is flattish and doesn't stick up like a single-comb.

I bought a RSY K for my RSY H. She does well showing and is a very laid-back and gentle lady. This little guy is growing nicely so I showed him and he placed 2nd after an older RSY male. I am surprised how much black the males have, here and there! Hoping for more like her.

So how do they keep Onagadori? Maybe I should learn some tips for Yokohama-keeping. Obviously not have anything that will catch their tail feathers! How do you keep yours?

Sorry I didn't see the pic of his pen, great job! I am new to this forum and thought that was the end of the thread, just a few posts. Then when I replied I saw the pen pic.

Quote:
I know that's the truth, I would love to have bantam Red Shoulder Yokos, I will probably end up having to get standards someday. I love their color.

Back
Top Bottom