Why i do not want GMO in my food or my pets food

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Farmer feeds GMO corn to his pigs: they all become sterile."

I'm pretty sure most livestock feed is derived from GMO corn and soy, and my pigs are not sterile.

The issue here might be that he was feeding the pigs just corn (I don't know I couldn't watch the video cause my internet is being slow right now). If that is the case, that's like someone living off candy. Corn does not have enough protein in it alone. Pig feed is a mix of corn and soy.

One persons experience is not a scientific study. I don't like GMOs, but I'm also not willing to believe that they are causing cancer and other health problems without some valid scientific studies.

It reminds me too much of the anti-vaccine movement for me to get 100% on board and I know the anti-vaccine movement is just alarmism.

I'm pretty sure most livestock feed is derived from GMO corn and soy, and my pigs are not sterile.

The issue here might be that he was feeding the pigs just corn (I don't know I couldn't watch the video cause my internet is being slow right now). If that is the case, that's like someone living off candy. Corn does not have enough protein in it alone. Pig feed is a mix of corn and soy.

One persons experience is not a scientific study. I don't like GMOs, but I'm also not willing to believe that they are causing cancer and other health problems without some valid scientific studies.

It reminds me too much of the anti-vaccine movement for me to get 100% on board and I know the anti-vaccine movement is just alarmism.
My purpose of posting this was to show the covering up Monsanto does. It's towards the end of the video

Quote: Any fool with a video camera can post on Youtube
It doesn't make them an authority on anything at all.
Why not just admit you have no REAL evidence that GMO's are harmful?

I'm not going to join the good vs. bad debate BUT without question it is completely terrible agriculture to only plant one type of crop so widely. The loss of biodiversity in our food chain is a serious problem. Whether GMO's are our Armageddon or the second coming of Christ, we should NOT have 95% crops coming from ONE kind of seed. The banana industry is seeing the error of this way with the Cavandish banana facing parasites and disease they can no longer stave off.

Crop rotation and the planting of multiple varieties are unquestionably best practices and this country has and is getting farther and father away from doing what's right for the food chain, for the farmers, for the land and for it's consumers.

Last edited:
I belong to a banana group Bananas.org

Everyone there is a virus everytime i open some private messages i get my anti popping up

Snap do is a hacking wormy trogen virus that looks like a browser helper it is not so please check your computors many antis have not or can not detect it yet

but sophos will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom