Why is Purina feed "bad"?

USDA certified organic can contain 30% GMO foods and still get the organic certification...the only way to avoid GMO is things that specifically say non GMO, or 100% organic...they try to trick people with the labels...so when the us gives a safety seal they are really saying its at least 70% safe...go figure
Last I saw USDA organic could be no more than 5% non organic ingredients. Where did you get this information? Tough to get 100% organic with drifting pollen etc. Love to know your source, as I don't think this is a fact.

I know they are a separate company now. Why do they use it, Well they are sponsors, They get the food for free or cheap that is why, It is all about money. My Female Rottweiler is a Show dog, Trust me not all people that show there dog's really care about the dog. Once the dog is done winning a lot of times that dog is gone.

Raw is the way to go for dog feeding, and yes there are better dog foods that cost more money, you get what you pay for, Not saying you should spend $100.00 on a 40 or 50 LB pound bag of dog food either.

I Feed Innova or TOTW when I am feeding Kibble.

My old Australian Cattle Dog was prescribed a Purina H.A. veterinary diet and became anemic. I began preparing his food at home after that incident and came to find Primal Pet Foods had about the same ingredients to my home prepared recipe. He regained his health and never had digestive difficulties the last 7 years of his life. He made it to 17 years old and unfortunately it was cancer which eventually took his life. I use Primal and Good Earth dry kibble for my dogs now. I use King Feeds organic or Bar Ale organic for my birds now and some of them are as old as 8 years.

Last I saw USDA organic could be no more than 5% non organic ingredients.  Where did you get this information?  Tough to get 100% organic with drifting pollen etc.  Love to know your source, as I don't think this is a fact.

You are closer to right than I am...I'm a bad forum user..I read what I posted in Wikipedia, but what I just read on the USDA site says that nothing that uses GMO can be labeled organic I think...
So looks like they say 0% GMO in organic foods...it says it engineered foods are excluded...I hope that means they aren't allowed, as opposed to they aren't counted...lol. But shame on me for reposting something I hadn't actually looked into

I wouldn't buy anything from Purina, Nestle or Land O' Lakes. If you read the poor rating that Purina gets concerning their dog foods why would we think they are making decent chicken foods?

I feed only Countryside Organics with other vegetables grown in my garden.

www.dogfoodadvisor.com

there are much better dog food site comparisons. the link you provided have purina one and purina pro plan listed as 2 stars. purina one is 1 star at best. purina pro plan should be 3 or 4 star and is a good , not great food. blue buffalo wilderness and wellness core are 6 star foods, not 5.
as stated before, the chicken feed purina and dog food purina are 2 different companies.

So far I have read that its acceptable, but not suitable, to feed dog food to Emu, chickens, turkeys, and ducks. I think I could save a ton of money if this is the case. It seems to me as dogfood would be more filling to them than nibbling on pellets and scratch. So essentially I would be feeding less of the dog food than all the scratch and grain they scatter about and waist. I would like to try it for a time. However if anyone has any suggestions on other additives needed or information on too high of protein and such, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks all. BYC is the best

I live in the city and there is only one feed store nearby, the only chicken feed it sells is Purina but the chicks seem to be doing well on it, though they prefer mowing down the grass and clover in my backyard when they have a choice.

a feed that works great for me, may not work great for you. everyone's conditions are different. from the grass/weeds in the yard, bugs, free ranging and caged birds. i don't use Purina because of the price. i did have some bad luck with Purina with rabbits, but that's two different things altogether. i also like to give my chickens a variety. as a "breeder" i cant let my birds free range. i do let them out to get grass about once a week. i also pull grass and mouse's ear and put in their cages a couple times a week. because of my situation i have my feed specially mixed. my basic recipe comes from our local APA head. he studied chicken nutrition and developed his own pellet and mix. however he lets his birds out more than i can, so i upped my protein on my feed.

talk to local larger breeders, and your Ag service. I'm sure they can steer you in the right direction.

Purina is owned by Nestle. They are all about putting GMO's in their products and none of which are labeled. The main reason I will not buy ANY purina products is because the Nestle CEO (German company) stated that he believed ALL water should be privatised. So bascially Nestle wants to OWN ALL WATER. Just like Monsanto wants to OWN ALL SEED. We really need to pay attention to what we purchase. If we don't buy it, they can't sell it...

Back
Top Bottom