Why raise Bantam chickens?

LOL Someone gave me some banty's cuz they said they didn't want 'em anymore. I thought about butcherin 'em but there kinda funny to watch... So this batch'll stay, for a while.

I love how the roos think they're 10 feet tall. I've had my littlest bantam roo stand up to my biggest large fowl roo-and seen the larger one back down. They're just fun to watch, and I love the little banty sized eggs. So do the kids.........
smile.png

Paula

Quote:
That is soooo true !! Our little roos will stand up against our Jersey Giant and Light Brahma roos and run them off !! Dynamite comes in small packages:lol:
lol.png
lol.png
and you need to raise banties just because you are on the website and we will help you !!!!

Quote:
Lol My Banty Roo has my Labrador whipped. She doesn't even think of going any where near HIS hens!
big_smile.png
The boys are good protectors thats the only reason i keep mine. Both sexs are very pretty and the little eggs are adorable.

Less work, less space, more likely to be friendly and not aggressive, more likely to go broody and stick with it, and they fit in the house. I keep a trio of japanese bantams in a large cage in the spare bedroom now. It's nice to walk around the corner and collect eggs in my pajamas in the middle of winter.
lol.png
I just got chicken diapers in the mail and had Jun and Shi try them out today. They ran around the living room, teased the cat, Jun tried to put the dog in her place and found 80lb akitas are not easily deterred by pecking, and then sat on my couch for an hour before I put them back in the cage. Better than having a parrot and a lot cheaper. Actually they are even less trouble than my cats and a lot more useful.

Oh sweet Lordy they are cute cute cute!! I had a kids' playhouse moved onto my property for conversion to a bantam coop, and it's within view of my kitchen bay window so I can watch The Muppet Show from the house. Good stuff! They line up in a row on the front porch around dinner time and watch me in the kitchen. They are so sweet, so animated, so very cute and naughty! Even my black ninja Lucy Liu is adorable as she kung fu's the scratch cup out of my hands or runs off with the bag of grapes.

I love my LF girls, but things in the banty playhouse seem to move at quicker speed. It's almost as if they were sent here for entertainment value ~ and I love being entertained.
smile.png

12029_2008-1126_duccles.jpg

The Gangstas

Last edited:
the reson most people raise bantams is for
Show
Eggs: i have some that lay an egg bigger than a normal chicken
Meat: yes they eat the little things
feathers
less feed to feed them
less space for them
very protective mothers

and most of all broodiness!

Oh and there cute!

I only raise bantams but im getting some standard this spring!

Back
Top Bottom