Wild breed Identification-Merriam's?

I live on a sand dune. No mud here.
Lucky you and lucky birds. Can be so hard and a lot of work keeping pens dry and not muddy, making it harder to keep things sanitary for bird's health. Worms and so many other nasties thrive in the wet muddy conditions. Guess it wouldn't be that difficult if I didn't have so many birds and pens. But that isn't an option.:lau

I feel like its a challenge no matter where we live. I left WY because of the snow, now we have the monsoons, the dirt, the snakes, akways something to keep us busy! And always a project that needs built or repaired. Today im fighting the CROWS STEALING MY DUCK EGGS! I went from 8 eggs collected on Sat to zero the past 3 days! Ugh! I heard them and hoped out of bed to scare them away but they were gone by the time I got out there. I got 1 egg that the Rouens laid me later in the morning. Ugh!

I feel like its a challenge no matter where we live. I left WY because of the snow, now we have the monsoons, the dirt, the snakes, akways something to keep us busy! And always a project that needs built or repaired. Today im fighting the CROWS STEALING MY DUCK EGGS! I went from 8 eggs collected on Sat to zero the past 3 days! Ugh! I heard them and hoped out of bed to scare them away but they were gone by the time I got out there. I got 1 egg that the Rouens laid me later in the morning. Ugh!
Yep, it's always something. Gotta love them birds. :)

Last edited:
Able to split up my turkeys today into their breeding groups/pens. Always dislike this job as the turkeys see that net and start alarm putting and clucking up a storm. Every turkey on the farm in alert mode. But done with not too much stress on birds or me.

Wahooo! Look at you go! Share some pics of your turkeys if you would =)

I got up right before sunrise and chased the crows off. I got 5 duck eggs. Gonna work on call duck breeding houses today and tomorrow. What do you have planned this weekend?

Pics of some extra drakes im trying to sell.

Attachments

• 20230111_144341.jpg
    20230111_144341.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230111_143732.jpg
    20230111_143732.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 2
Nice job on getting your eggs before crows have to watch those devils, they are smart. Just making sure all the moving of turkeys to breeding pens and adding all the new jakes and toms to large open pen goes well and all get settled in and get their pecking orders back under control. Everything was looking good this morning but did add a few extra feeders/waters to large pen with new jakes and toms as the new birds were all staying away from older toms and didn't want them being bullied away from feed or water. Getting incubator set up for quail this eve probably fire it up tomorrow and add eggs this Sunday/Monday. A few pics of turkeys you asked for it :lau have to get a few new ones of all the birds in breeding pens as soon as we have a nicer day maybe tomorrow.:)
IMG_0045.JPG
IMG_0047.jpg
IMG_0044.jpg
IMG_0063.JPG
IMG_0096.JPG
IMG_0089.JPG
IMG_0081.JPG
IMG_0244.JPG
IMG_0249.JPG
IMG_0353.JPG
IMG_0479.JPG
IMG_0067.JPG