Will 2 peacocks fight?

Oisin

In the Brooder
Jun 12, 2016
Ireland
I have a 3 year old peacock in a large pen by himself his mate had just died 4 months I don't know of what but I am getting a trio of new birds and putting them in his pen and was wondering would the two males fight? Thanks

If there is a hen present you can count on it. Girls are nothing but trouble. If the new cock is not mature they may get along but the new one might interfere with the breeding process.

I had a three year old cock and a yearling in a breeding pen with five hens and that was the most productive pen I had this year. So, your results may vary depending on the age of the cocks.

It's only temporary until the breeding season then the new peacock will be moved into a different pen. he'll only be in there with my older peacock for about 2 months until I get his pen for him and his hen ready

You might run into trouble with the one male since he was in the pen and fully established before the other guy moved in. If you can change up the layout of the pen by moving things around it might help cut the aggression.

Back
Top Bottom