Will Coturnix hatch out their own eggs?

welcome-byc.gif

Quote:
wow... i have been wanting to develop a line of coturnix that would set... would you mind PMing me some contact info thanks...

She wont have them until spring.

Quote:
ep.gif

That's a lot of money for a couple of eggs. When we were looking at hatching a itty bitty flock we looked at these guys LD-INCUBAT It says you have to turn the eggs and adjust the temp 3-4 times a day, but that wouldn't have been too big a deal for us. Has anyone tried these before? at $20 it seems much more economical for a small hatching.

http://www.hometrainingtools.com/images/650/BE-INCUBAT.jpg

ABSOLUTE JUNK--- THE DESIGNER SHOULD BE FLOGGED IN PUBLIC

Brinsea Eco 20 Is Your Best Value... Cheaper Than The Lil Shot Glass Class Room Incubator They Sell And No Turner Is Needed. Spend 99.00 On A Eco 20, Or Buy A Coolerbator For 50+ And A Turner For 50+ And A Set Of Quail Racks For 15+= Brinsea Eco 20 Is Cheaper And Will Do A Much Better Job.

Quote:
I put in the big hint to my hubby for my birthday. If I have to turn the big 4-0! Then I want something GOOD!!! Heck, make it the EX...
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
You can make your own incubator, just don't buy a cheap thermostat. I did and it drove me crazy. It is sitting in the shed now waiting for me to get a much better thermostat.

Quote:
th.gif
Oh Bummer ! I was so hoping I might have 1 that would sit. We'll C I guess. I so hate 2 buy a incubator . But if I want to hatch any, then I must do what ever it takes 2 do it, right ladies & gents ~~ ??

jumpy.gif

Ok.. Then a incubator it is~~ I have never had the pleasure to use one. & have hatched or should I say one of my Cochin hens, have hatched out 6 chicks. I am new at this . Only 1 1/2 yrs. I just got my Coturnix Quails about 2 wks ago, so I shall go forward slowly.
Thank you. This will have 2 B my X-mas wish , an incubator..
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom