Will My Cracked Egg Still Hatch?

Pics
I no this is a old post but hoping I can get some help??? It's hatch day for my chicken and when turning my other eggs I knocked the egg and cracked it. Is there anything I can do???? Iv got a horrible feeling it had died before it had chance to pip as there's been no movement from it for a few hours

we came home after camping last weekend to find some issues. The temp was up to 103 and one of 2 peahen eggs was severely damaged. Of course, nobody, young adult children who stayed home, knows what happened. Stabilized temps back to 100 and used our daughters nail polish to repair the damaged section. We are in lockdown now for a Sunday hatch. Candled a coupke of times during the week. There was some occasional movement and we could see veins near the air sack. Keeping our fingers crossed that they hatch for us.

Last edited:
I no this is a old post but hoping I can get some help??? It's hatch day for my chicken and when turning my other eggs I knocked the egg and cracked it. Is there anything I can do???? Iv got a horrible feeling it had died before it had chance to pip as there's been no movement from it for a few hours

Just catching this post. How did it go??

we came home after camping last weekend to find some issues. The temp was up to 103 and one of 2 peahen eggs was severely damaged. Of course, nobody, young adult children who stayed home, knows what happened. Stabilized temps back to 100 and used our daughters nail polish to repair the damaged section. We are in lockdown now for a Sunday hatch. Candled a coupke of times during the week. There was some occasional movement and we could see veins near the air sack. Keeping our fingers crossed that they hatch for us.

Good luck!
fl.gif

External pip today but now egg has been accidentally broken pretty badly. I don't think any of the membrane was broken, other than what was pipped through. Anything I should do?

Chick hatched today but has membrane dried ovet half of its body. It is dried hard. Helped it get out of the shell bit have no idea how we will be able to get that stuff off the chick

So I found this thread and was super hopeful that a cracked egg I found this afternoon would make it to day 21 after adding some fingernail polish. It may protect the egg from bacteria, but it didn't restore to structural integrity and the egg completely collapsed as soon as mama sat back down
2639.png
1f625.png

Last edited:
So I found this thread and was super hopeful that a cracked egg I found this afternoon would make it to day 21 after adding some fingernail polish. It may protect the egg from bacteria, but it didn't restore to structural integrity and the egg completely collapsed as soon as mama sat back down
2639.png
1f625.png

I'm sorry. Did it kill it? Could you incubate it instead of the broody?

Back
Top Bottom