Will the government take away your chickens?

Off the top of my head? Iran, Iraq an Israel. North Korea too if you count our navy setting off there coast an our army camped just out side our boarder.
We have no bases in Iran. Iraq didn't want us to leave but we wouldn't stay with the rules they wanted. Israel doesn't want us to leave. If N. Korea doesn't want us in the area to bad.

Do you ever lock your doors at home or your car or truck ?

The food stamp program is federally funded but administered by the states. So how the rules are applied may be subject to local interpretation. As a general guide: http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10101.html

So I guess it is pretty much pointless to argue on that issue.

What concerns me is that such a large segment of the population relies upon this program. Government cannot give something to someone unless it first takes it away from someone else. And now, we are running out of Warren Buffets and T. Boone Pickens.

Money flows from areas of high taxation and excessive regulation to more favorable places. We are driving capital from our country. Soon, we will not be able to sustain these social welfare programs. Ideally, the truly needy should be cared for, but can we always afford to do this?

The magnitude of our debt looms over us. A currency collapse is inevitable. When that happens, we will all be poor.

Rufus

You can choose to count the funds involved in SS an SSI with with welfare all you want but they are not the same or even related.

SS an SSI is government backed insurance. Welfare is forced redistribution of wealth.

I don't see how you come to that conclusion. Would you just have millions of families living on the streets instead? Because thats how it was before we got a welfare system in this country. Reform might be okay, but in my opinion the majority of people who are against welfare don't really understand it and they never have a better alternative anyway.
old.gif

I am sorry, but welfare and SSI and SS are related. For example, most people on SSI also get food stamps. Most of them also get or can get housing assistance. Thats welfare or "entitlement" programs, so if you are against welfare, you are against assistance to the people in those groups as well as the ones who are not in SS or SSI. So sorry, they ARE related in that people on one program generally get assistance from the other programs. People on SSI get assistance outside of SSI.

Quote: I stand by what I said.
SS is a insurance system though its pretty much forced cause its hard to opt out. You pay to be a part an earn benefits that you get if you become disabled or live to retire.
Welfare is forced redistribution of wealth. The government takes money from the haves to give to the have nots.

Saying they are the same thing is like saying a 401K an armed robbery are the same thing....

Again bed time...

While social security and SSI are transfer payments like welfare, I sense that most people regard them as something they bought and paid for with all of those deductions from their pay checks. There is a sense of ownership. Welfare and food stamps on the other hand are seen as something other people get that we have to pay for. Most people on welfare and food stamps don't pay a lot of income taxes.

Rufus

I didn't hear him say he wanted us to leave did I miss that part ?

Just where in Israel do we have troops stationed? Maybe a few technicians somewhere, but no major troops are deployed there.

As to other nations where we have withdrawn our troops, Cuba with the exception of Guantanamo, Haiti, Nicaragua, Grenada, Mexico, Dominican Republic and of course Iraq just off of the top of my head.

Iraq really irks me. We fought the war and wasted blood and treasure, and who gets the oil? The Russians, the French, the Chinese and the Koreans.

http://www.total.com/en/about-total/news/news-940500.html&idActu=2280

http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/03/23/202564.html

And now who will profit from Afghanistan?

Rufus

Back
Top Bottom