Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Rberry..you are the second person I talked to this week that is getting chicks from Erica. She has nice birds. I have some speckled Sussex and a brown chanticleer from her farm. Kim, they are about 3 or 4 $ for newly hatched straight un chicks and $15 for her full grown birds. SHe is in stoughton, near Madison.

Ugh...feeling like I have a bunch of Roos in my hatch. I know that of the whole two black copper marans that hatched from the 8 shipped eggs...I think I have one roo and one pullet. I see other combs appearing too. Need to get some pics posted...

gloomy afternoon folks,

wow I learned a lot here the last couple days,,,,there are indoor/off road bike facilities (w,t,f), pigs can have ingrown eyebrows (who knew?), and in today's WI you can sell a Humane Society (go figure)

The hatch went really well, still have some action on the Barred Rocks, 1 clean hatch, 3 more pipped one should make it another 2 are possible, I've read that some heritage BRs take forever to hatch so I will wait
White Chanteclers did well 14 of 17, nice healthy chicks, my Olive Eggers once again surprised me 28 of 30 going strong, I have 20 of those sold so a good thing!

bbl need to unload some feed
Eye Lashes !!! Not Eyebrows !!! LOL
Anyway, those BR are sexable right? Wish you could sex EEr's but they take forever. Chucks friend wants some pullet chicks like Yesterday..... his kids are getting so eggcited, but I think he is getting even more eggcited then them !!!
Delish, what kind were those pullets again that you have?

Anybody in NE WI have any sexed female chicks for sale???? Need 6-8 and about 6 guinea keets for ET's friend !!!!
I'm getting obsessed with finding them.
Does anyone want to go in on some from a hatchery order ?

Rainy Day to Everyone...warm welcome to the 3 new amigos. Hope you can make the annual bash coming the end of May.

Great looking brooder Vickie. Almost kinda prissy...LOL!

Good to hear that the hatches are going good.

What a bunch of crap with the ongoing charging for micro chipping....Greed everywhere. I gave another dozen eggs away this week...no greed here.

bigz

black and blues available I have several I think are females
This is a mottled Orpington I am sure is a girl

This is a splash Orpington..I am pretty sure its a girl

The one cherry egger right here

One black female here

Back and blue Orpingtons

Quote: It was a fad about 25 years ago. They bred chickens to lay cherry color eggs. I purchased a few and I still have it in my lines. I have only one hen that lays cherry colored eggs anymore. She makes pretty chicks. She is my last. I doubt many of her chicks will lay cherry colored eggs anymore. I have three of her daughters and only one lays a colored egg and its not quite cherry color.

Back
Top Bottom