Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

How far south are you? And when are the chicks due? I will talk to DH2B and let you know okay but it is going to depend some on how far away you are as DH2B is in the fields now so no long road trips for us right now unless they get rained out of the fields.

chicendreams: I am about 45 mins north of Hudson, but could always arrange to meet south sometime. Hatch date is aprox May 12 :) Early this morning, I panicked that I hadn't topped off the water in a couple days so went downstairs in the dar (Daughter home for a few days so trying to be quiet) and couldnt resist candling a couple-easily saw movement/veining in 5 of the 7 I looked at and its only been 6 days!

chicendreams: I am about 45 mins north of Hudson, but could always arrange to meet south sometime. Hatch date is aprox May 12 :) Early this morning, I panicked that I hadn't topped off the water in a couple days so went downstairs in the dar (Daughter home for a few days so trying to be quiet) and couldnt resist candling a couple-easily saw movement/veining in 5 of the 7 I looked at and its only been 6 days!

How far south could you go? Just wondering. I just looked up where you're at and wow that's way up there! Lol we are South of Janesville so its quite a ways.

28 out of 32 chicks hatched out yesterday! 14 went to the guy who hatched them out for me ans 14 for me. Not too bad.

I'm still wanting to re-home a few of the older gals rather than dispatch them. Anyone interested in some sweet tick and mosquito eaters?

I didn't feel much like going outside, but I told Annie that I was going to just go out and maybe something would catch my interest.
I squirted some starting fluid into the carb on the tiller, and it popped and ran for a few seconds.

sooo , i went and got Ollie and carried the tiller up to the garage so I could work on it.
I quickly determined that there was no gas getting through the carb. so I took the cup off and sure enough the float valve was stuck.. blew air through the system and gas began to flow. put everything back together and now it works perfectly.. ran good , even on last year's gas that is in it.

have a couple of people interested in the wood from the two pine trees that I have cut down. Now it is first come, first served.

.......jiminwisc...........

Your over on the southeast side of the state? Wow yes that would be quite the drive! I can let you know if we are going to make it to the BYC bash in Clintonville/have chicks left?

Yeah that would be cool. I'm not sure we're going yet, we're hoping to at least make it out for a day, but a lot of things this time of year depend on how things are going in the fields. Also if you don't have chicks left have you ever sold hatching eggs? Please pm and we can discuss all this more. Thanks :)

hugs.gif
Glad you are feeling a bit better Cindy.

Not much new here other than lots of overdue tree trimming/cutting. A friend of a neighbor is doing the cutting. I am the clean up crew. From 10am til almost 7pm. I am one sore puppy.

Hi All!

Yea, tummy isn't 100% yet, but what I have gotten down hasn't come back up!

Glad you got the tiller going Jim.

CC... do you use the scooter to do that? Does it have a trailer or something?

Night All!

good morning,
It is cold enough out to wear gloves if you are working out there.

I was out there long enough to rough cut and plane most of the boards for the new feeder.

I pulled 5 bales of straw off of the septic tank area. they will be going into the unfinished green house.

the garden is almost dry enough to do the first dragging.
I like to drag it about 3 times before I rototill and plant.

I have a lot of hilling to do for the potatoes. need nice loose dirt for that.

.......jiminwisc........

Back
Top Bottom