Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Brought our tiller back from the great white north...... hasn't been run in 5 to 10 years..... fresh fuel and a little starting fluid and she popped right off. Somebody is happy!!!

that's always a great feeling isn't it ?

I am searching for an air filter cover for my 9cc briggs.
I tried to do it on line without the serial number, that is futile..

maybe I will be lucky and find it somewhere around here.
I know it was on there last summer..

heading back out to the frozen tundra to cut up some more lumber..

.......jiminwisc.........

Break from hunting, and no luck so far this time around. One can get sore actually sitting for hours in the tent CC, and then nothing is accomplished if you get skunked. I hatched Buckeyes Angiebubs. Good luck with your hatch. Sounds like the new bator is working well for you so far.

Hope you continue to feel better Cind. Keeping nutrition down is awful important.

Good to hear that you are good to go GG.

I should drag mine a few times before tilling this year to Jim. That would make the job easier for sure.

I feel a nap coming on.

bigz

Oh bigz I would love to see some pics of your flock. DH2B wants some nice heritage buckeyes so badly but we are having a very hard time finding them around us. How are the roosters?

Yes Cind feel better.

How's the hatch going CC? What day are you on again?

Our garden is already filled and ready for planting although it may need to be hoed a bit after this weekend before we plant. We're supposed to get another freeze tomorrow and tomorrow night. I'm not looking forward to it.

Had to take another broody from her chicks today and put her chicks on the other side of the building we're using as a coop and a whole room as a brooder. It's working really well. She was just not doing a very good job at mothering them anymore. Maybe she thought they were ready but they're not. She had a cuckoo Marans cockeral (It was supposed to be a pullet and was pretty obvious to me by the head spot when I got it.), and a black oegb(pullet I think but still a bit young to tell). The size difference between the two chicks is hysterical and her adopted Marans has gotten to be almost as big as her. She looked for about two minutes for them and calls a couple times here and there but mostly she just didn't care. That's why we had to pull them BC she was forgetting about them and leaving them. They're about 4 weeks but not fully feathered and the little oegb's tiny size made me nervous. Unfortunately they're also scared of the rest of the chicks on the brooding side of the building but I hope they'll integrate soon.

Last edited:
Oh bigz I would love to see some pics of your flock. DH2B wants some nice heritage buckeyes so badly but we are having a very hard time finding them around us. How are the roosters?

Yes Cind feel better.

How's the hatch going CC? What day are you on again?

Our garden is already filled and ready for planting although it may need to be hoed a bit after this weekend before we plant. We're supposed to get another freeze tomorrow and tomorrow night. I'm not looking forward to it.

Had to take another broody from her chicks today and put her chicks on the other side of the building we're using as a coop and a whole room as a brooder. It's working really well. She was just not doing a very good job at mothering them anymore. Maybe she thought they were ready but they're not. She had a cuckoo Marans cockeral (It was supposed to be a pullet and was pretty obvious to me by the head spot when I got it.), and a black oegb(pullet I think but still a bit young to tell). The size difference between the two chicks is hysterical and her adopted Marans has gotten to be almost as big as her. She looked for about two minutes for them and calls a couple times here and there but mostly she just didn't care. That's why we had to pull them BC she was forgetting about them and leaving them. They're about 4 weeks but not fully feathered and the little oegb's tiny size made me nervous. Unfortunately they're also scared of the rest of the chicks on the brooding side of the building but I hope they'll integrate soon.

I am assuming those chicks were not hatched out by the mother ? It probably was not her fault,, If the babies don't recognize the mother, they just sometime won't follow her.. I had that happen with a baby duck, too..

...........jiminwisc.........

Break from hunting, and no luck so far this time around. One can get sore actually sitting for hours in the tent CC, and then nothing is accomplished if you get skunked. I hatched Buckeyes Angiebubs. Good luck with your hatch. Sounds like the new bator is working well for you so far.

Hope you continue to feel better Cind. Keeping nutrition down is awful important.

Good to hear that you are good to go GG.

I should drag mine a few times before tilling this year to Jim. That would make the job easier for sure.

I feel a nap coming on.

bigz

BigZ I should have known it was buckeyes! Mike AKA Chickenships not had much luck turkey hunting either-and was complaining about the sore legs :p

I am assuming those chicks were not hatched out by the mother ?    It probably was not her fault,,  If the babies don't recognize the mother, they just sometime won't follow her..  I had that happen with a baby duck, too..

...........jiminwisc.........

She hatched one of them, the other she has had since it was two days old they're 3.5 weeks old so were very bonded.

Hi All!

Thanks for the well wishes.

Got some more good news from my Hawaiian son. He got another promotion already! I forgot His title (plant manager?), but he's pretty much running the new chocolate factory. He's very grateful he was good with algebra! LOL I'm very proud of him! I just hope he gets an assistant to help with any paperwork. He's got a pretty hardcore type of dyslexia so paperwork is not his forte. Hopefully now with the raises he can get a house built!

I have a broody hen.

Night All.

Back
Top Bottom