Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

WCC... looks like that place has allot of potential!!! Hope they let you make good use of it! And $500 a month...wow!

Congrats on all the babies!

Sorry about the losses... it sucks but I guess it's something we learn to live with.

BC.... How in the world did your MIL loose 20 chickens to rain?

Not much to report here... GL everyone!

Good Morning Everyone! Brain is kind of fried so to all who may be new
welcome-byc.gif
OK where are you BBCB? You've got me worried! So much going on and still no time to address the issues. Yesterday was spent getting the counter top/sink area square and plumb. It's now ready for drywall. Nothings square or plumb except for the new walls. What a pain! Congrats on all the hatches! WCc I'm drooling over that barn. Looks like lots of potential there. Two more walls to straighten out then the drywalling begins.
he.gif
On the up side the temps are steady. fm stop dancing!
rant.gif

good morning, I would not trim on that cross beak just yet..
the trimmed part will not grow back, and you might cause it to starve to death if it cannot eat.. apparantly it can eat now or it would be dead already.. keep looking for a cure.. I don't know if there is one or not.. If it is not a show bird, love it like it is ..
If it is a breeder, are you sure you want to pass that gene along?

SNOW !! that says it all..

I noticed with my hatcher that the lower the temperature, the easier it is to get the humidity up.. maybe all those people on the incubation/hatch threads should give up that 101F notion and lower their temps.. I tried to get them to lower their temps, but I always just get arguments.. I don't know when the official hatching temp went up.. I wasn't notified.. LOL and it is only on this group.. Hmmmmm

if you say something wrong enough, long enough , it becomes fact.. I just made that up.. I think I will start using it as my sign off quote....LOL

Dr Ha, sounds like you have the walls all figured out.. I always made sure that the kitchen wall where the top edge of the back splash would touch was shimmed straight and corners 90* before the drywall went on.. below there it makes no difference, saves a lot of trimming and sanding of the backsplash later on.. just saying....

............jiminwisc........if you say something wrong enough long enough, it becomes fact..

Quote:
We noticed that if we can keep the temps 99.3 to 100.8 range the humidity is easier to keep where we have good turnout, our humidity is about 52- 55%. Just removed the turner today and put the eggs on the shelf we have in the incubator-5 Bantam Partridge eggs due to hatch March 10th! Maybe get 1 or 2 more.

Off to pick up our 8 Turkey babies this am, have 1 helper today as he(DS5) wasn't feeling good this morning and over the weekend.

here is the picture of our 1st little one... we have 10 java, 5 buff orvington, 5 golden lace winedot.. so I'm not sure if this little guy would be mixed breed or not.. what do you guys thing?

68961_189641_521974029315_161400487_30867069_4940460_n.jpg

Good morning! I think I didnt sleep long enough last night...I guess that will happen when you stay up until all hours working on a miniature chicken coop! (but man is it adorable!) I want a real life sized one just like it!
Abrehmer--what ever that chick is it sure is adorable! I cant wait until mine hatch! I hear ya on the lower temps Jim...that seems odd to me that it is easier to keep humidity UP when it is a lower temp though. Around here when it is hot outside it is humid and when it is cold it is dry...curious. DH says that sir has more capacity to hold moisture when it is cooler...still seems like an oxymoron. (dont you just love that word?)
Congrats on the turkey babies H&R. What kinds this year? I really need to get some more hens...I sure dont want any more Toms though! I am holding out hope for those in the incubator!
Well, I guess I better get back to working on that little coop--today is the last day so I need to get the pictures taken and posted. I will share them here too
smile.png

Have a fantastic day! TErri O

(PS) Good work on that bathroom DrH!

TSc has chicks. Went in this morning to pick up feed and all the bins were set up. I asked when they were coming. Apparently I missed them this weekend
sad.png
But....more would be in either this afternoon or tomorrow!!
wee.gif
Hubby won't notice if I add a few more to the ones that are coming Wednesday!!!

Light Snowy Morning to All.... Aves I agree with Jim that it's best not to trim. It depends how severe the cross becomes. If it's not terrible the bird will survive, however may be stunted and anemic and never keep up in size to the rest. I've seen some make it ok and I had one last year that was severe enough that it eventually starved, constantly ate....just couldn't consume enough feed to survive. Some feel it's best to cull them....i choose to give them a chance, however some think it is cruel to allow them to live. I wait and see. Good Luck!

Glad the remodel is coming along good Doc. You're prolly gonna feel funny when the tool belt isn't strapped on! I know what you mean about BBCB and KAQ....She posted like she would be back like normal, and simply vanished? I hope all is well with them both
fl.gif

Nice pic ab....java should be black, and the orp should be yellow...I'm not sure about the GLW? Might be right though.

I should finish pruning the apple tree today....need to get motivated somehow? Did I mention I can do nothing with the best of them?

I have 2 doz saved so far Jim. We could meet at The Harvest Truck stop for coffee at the jct of 45&29, when you go to Dave's if you want? That would be right on your way home then and save you gas and time.....just a thought.

Later... ~ bigzio

Hey guys - congrats on everyone's babies!
smile.png

My quail hatch is still going strong - we're at 45 babies now (out of 100 eggs shipped), with more pips and zips working their way out!
th.gif

I just KNEW this would happen - if I bought just 15 eggs or so, I'd only end up with 3 or 4 babies, and they'd probably all be boys. But, if I bought 100 eggs, I'd probably end up with 90 of the fuzzballs - WAY MORE than I want! I'd rather have too many that not enough, so I went with the 100 eggs. Anyone want some fully grown Coturnix at the Bash in June?
big_smile.png

My Columbian Cochins (the pair I had shipped from Tom Roebuck last fall) started laying this week! So that's what'll be going into the 'bator next!
wee.gif

Still waiting on Call Duck and Stanbridge White eggs.
sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom