Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

good morning, coffee sure tastes good this morning..
I was outside surveying the river running through my back yard when all of a sudden the hen turkey was sitting on my shoulder again.. she talked to me for a few minutes and then jumped down..

Annie seems to be feeling better today.. She is up and putzing around.. barking orders at me etc etc..

No early pips yet,, that's good.. I have 30 assorted eggs with all different due dates on them.. I better pull them out and write all the dates down so I don't miss putting them into the hatcher on time..

getting hungry for another McMuffin.. that venison sausage is addicting..

I helped someone on incubating& hatching to set up their sportsman bator.. without anybody interfering.. that sure was nice..

for wet sanding I use a spritzing bottle and a large flat sponge, Rinse the sponge often, I also used a piece of 2X4 with a tube sock stretched over it.. concentrate on the area from just above eye level and waist high..

for inside corners, I have used a paintable caulk instead of mudding.. much faster and no sanding..

/////////jiminwisc/////////

If you say it wrong enough, long enough, it seems to become fact

That has to be so cool Jim! Hope for your sake she's not world record hen! Some of the girls had the first meeting on the picnic table last evening I was not in attendance. Will try and make it tonight. That's some good advice on the sanding but your too late I'm done except for a few spots I had to touch up. Nothing major. I hear ya on the see-able spots I made sure that I wouldn't be aggrivated while seated too. That's not conducive to a good start to your day.
gig.gif
Now comes the real fun part. Even with the door closed tight, exhaust fan on and the window open the house still managed to be covered in a fine coating of dust. Gonna tell L that she's way behind in her house keeping... then run like..... Naw! Sometimes she doesn't realize when I'm kidding and it gets real quiet real fast. Then I bust out laughin. It's funny! We both do whatever we want to do unless there's a major conflict in our schedules. If she wants to go down south and I want to go up north at the same time I tell her to say hi to everyone and have a good trip! Cause I'm the man of the house !!! When she's not around.
lau.gif
Guess spring cleaning starts today. raimnel congrats on the pip! Sorry to hear about the DH's layoff! Hope he's only off long enough to get SOMETHING done around there.
lau.gif

Last edited:
I had a reply to my bestfarmbuys ad for some mixed breed chicks. Too bad she was in Newburg (30 min north of Milwaukee). She's looking for 15-20 laying hens for an education garden. Is there anyone from that area that could help her out? PM me and I'll forward you her info.

Quote:
I know what you mean just got done putting in the new kitchen faucet and towl bar, both have been sittng around for over 6 weeks, I got tired of tripping over the bar,plus the leaky faucet

Happy Fish Fry Friday All.... white bass and ho made frys tonight!

Glad you liked the venison sausage Jim....I have more to share and some choice steaks!
Hope they are giving the birds water at the PO! Glad annie is feeling good enough to scold again!

Good job on the walls Doc... glad you're making more progress! The more I talk to the flock, the more they talk back....
gig.gif

Have fun....Later all... ~ bigzio

I spent all day outside. I just came in and rewarded myself with a bowl of butter pecan ice cream with chocolate and butterscotch syrup..

I took a tractor bucket full of chicken s4!l out of the coop..I got all four brooder cages cleaned out and new bulbs in them and fresh hay for bedding.. After I check the temp I will take all 30 of the chicks out there..

got 2 goose eggs and 1 turkey and 1 guinea today..

the eye dr just called.. I missed my appt today.. they are supposed to call and remind me.. they ddn't have any problem calling and telling me I wasn't there.. LOL I am glad I didn't go , otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the brooders ready..

Dr H, that drywall dust can sneak out of a room even if it is duct taped shut.. just let some get into your cold air return to the furnace,, OH BOY !!!!!!! LOL

Just came in from the meeting at the table. The main B was that the raisins I took out with me were too hard. I'll soak them a little for my babies. Had to laugh, Btwo was wandering around by the pile crap I gutted out of the bathroom and crawlspace and Buster saw she was unattended he went after her she ducked down and went through a piece of 12" pipe and thwarted Busters advances.
gig.gif
I swear she was grinning. Really looking forward for the frost to go out of the plowed areas. What a mess! Think the sump will kick in tonight for the first time in nearly a month. WOW WEE! Got my last of 3 phone calls today from my assembly persons office. They said the Co. and State have no plans at the current time of cleaning out the ditches unless a problem occurs. But they'll be monitoring the situation.
lau.gif
They tolds me that I should monitor it myself too. YA THINK SO? But if things are looking dicey all I have to do is make a phone call and they will make a direct phone call and get something done. No more bureaucratic run around! Was amazed I sent an Email and got a phone call an hour later. Guess who's getting my vote again. Breaded dead pig chops and grn beans for supper. Yum!

I want to purchase some more lavender orpington eggs to get more genetic diversity in my flock. I just can't bring myself to buy from anyone that spells it lavendar or orphington. It drives me nuts! If you're breeding them and advertising them, at least learn how to spell it.

Back
Top Bottom