Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Fish Fry Friday All....I have the outside cooker rockin and ready....gonna be talipia, catfish, ho-made fries, and yes bigfam....store bought onion rings....LOL!

Suzie corrected me and told me I forgot the beets, making it V8...so for the record, it's V8.

Nothing like the ho made kraut Doc...I have friends that share the harvest...it is the best kraut ever, fresh the way it is, or with tender pork or brats, or kraut burgers, or you get the idea. delish stuff for sure. Good luck with a big batch of goodness.

Thanks Amy, hope your peaches are good and sweet and all the jars seal.

Nice to hear that some good youth are stopping by Jim...prolly alittle help from the OM didn't hurt either...patience, is kinda a lost art somehow today..folks take deep breaths over the smallest things that don't really matter.

I think you need a couple props for the meeting bl4...how about a pig on a leash and a sweet hen in a clear view pen/carrier....they allow the one on the leash, and not this sweet hen that gives me breakfast. Time for change in our outdated rules for home owners....small towns like marion have lost their tax base because of all the homes for sale....ask them if one more off the tax role is a good thing for wega.... a few hens is no big deal....not like everyone is gonna have hens...

time for reform.

Have fun this week end... bigz

That's about it Vicki. We eat ours in stirfrys but it kinda makes my teeth feel weird...you can eat it in salads too. OR freeze and use as you would spinach in soups or for lasagne. Mine didnt grow for sh!t this year...too warm and too dry I guess...we got ONE meal...

Amy I was checking out the horse trail near you (says it starts in your town) in my "Horsin' Around in WI" book. I was thinking about coming and staying in my trailer at your place and we could ride the trail? Maybe someone wants to come along? THinking fall....
T
Wow! I have so much chard I've been feeding it to the chooks and anyone else I can talk into coming to get some! Must be all the rain we've had.

Amber...thanks for the roo offer, I ill keep you posted. We had lots of treats and I told dd to gently kick him if went after her and he finally backed off, we have to wait and see.
Say does anyone give their chickens beets? Lots of beets getting soft... Can I give them to them? Would you cook them or give raw?

Amber...thanks for the roo offer, I ill keep you posted. We had lots of treats and I told dd to gently kick him if went after her and he finally backed off, we have to wait and see.
Say does anyone give their chickens beets? Lots of beets getting soft... Can I give them to them? Would you cook them or give raw?

You can give them any way that is easiest Kris! MIne LOVE beets but they have to fight me for them! A little soft is still OK for people ya know....boil them up and give the chooks the skins and leaves I say!
wink.png
I dont think there is anything I dont give mine...oh yeah, avocado peel and pit. I read somewhere that they are not good or even poison to birds. (but maybe that was parrots) Anyhow we dont feed them to the chickens.

Today mine had a quart of melted ice cream...they went wild! We had a partial gallon that went sticky at work so I brought it home along with the left overs from lunch. Chicken smorgasbord for sure!

THinking about going to bed....client called and I dont have to go there tomorrow...oh joy, now I can unload hay...T

Hi all... Not saying much tonight , tummy not good.

TO... hope you can save your flock!

Well, the water heater went out and I can't get it going! It's got an electronic ignition...I never lit one like that, fallowed directions, no go!
hmm.png
It's only 4 years old too.

Night

Good Prestorm Morning Everyone! Looks like it's gonna hit then goes around. Geez Cind seems like one thing after another for you guys.
th.gif
Hope you get it going and hope you feel better! Bigz dug out the small crock last night and cut 4 heads this AM. Hoping their ok the outer leaves got chewed before I got some sevin. Guess I'll know when I open them up. Went back out between nasty clouds and picked about 3 qts of cuc's thinkin by monday I'll have enough for the friends to get started on their dill supply. First time makin kraut can't wait to have some! tiki I'll get a pic of that silo next time I'm up that way but have to wonder if there's an elevator in it?
lau.gif
vic our pepper plants didn't get very big but they are loaded. The BFF made a comment about how small mine were and said his were huge. I remnded him that he planted vadailia's.
roll.png
Gotta get movin here!

morning all!
frow.gif
more rain early this morning
th.gif
I am never going to get caught up! Looks like more on the way this pm. Off now to the farmer market to get hot peppers. Just wanted to add my well wishes to TO. Please keep us posted on your flock, ok?

DAS~thank you posting the link to the chart, great resource!

TTFN got to run!

Good Morning All!

For Chard (and also Kale, Mustards, Collards, etc) - First I saute onions and red pepper and garlic in butter then, add chopped greens and sauteed onions and stuff into a deep pot until it reaches the top, add a cup of water and butter, heat at medium-high (with lid on), stirring frequently.The greens will cook down by half and then they are done. I serve this with white northern beans and corn bread! If you like hot, add a vinegar splash on top of the greens that have hot peppers soaking in them.

Going today to converse and hopefully move forward in the land contract for this house. Please pray that everything works out well! The property the house is on is 5 acres and we are trying to get a second land contract for the adjoining 5 acres that was originally all one parcel. The house is zoned AG, so we can have all sorts of critters LEGALLY!!!! DD really wants a horse, but if we do get this house I'll have to get advice from all of you that have goats and horses (as well as learning about breeding chickens).

SO please keep your fingers crossed for us
fl.gif
It looks as if this might be a quick turn around, if everything goes through and all parties can agree on the terms of the contract. Its in the same school district for the kids but a different elementary school for the younger 2. The chickens sure will be happy and I will also because I could enjoy the sound of my chicks instead of cringing for fear that the neighbors will notice.

Back
Top Bottom