Won my first assorted Greenfire Farms auction! Woohoo!

Here's what was shipped today! I'm SOOOOOO tickled!

Black Copper Marans, Niederrheinner, Malines, Pavlovskaya, Twentse and Swedish Black Hens! :) I soooo hope they do another assorted auction. Can't wait to see the little fuzzy butts tomorrow or Wednesday. :)

I got very lucky on this auction...they run these assorted specials fairly regularly and they can close at anywhere between 110 and 200 bucks, plus $35 shipping. But they are MORE than worth anything we pay for them.

I got 2 Black Copper Marans, 2 White Pavlovskaya, 3 Lemon Cuckoo Neiderrheiner, 2 Swedish Black Hens, 3 Malines, 2 Twentse. I won an auction for 12, they sent 15 and I only lost one (Neiderrheiner). We thought we had lost 3 more, but were able to revive them with warmth, electrolytes and love.
love.gif

We are so tickled with the variety that we got and hope they do another assorted auction soon. Have another batch of rares coming from Brinkhaven Acres next week that we won on the same site. Am FINALLY getting some Legbars and Bielefelders!
wee.gif

This is all I have so far...will post some as they feather and as I'm able to get the Grogel off the little bugger who arrived stuck in it. lol

How are your little chicks doing for you? I love my rare assortment from GFF. It started me raising breeds I had not even considered before...Light sussex, isbar, barbezieux and one what I think is an Orust. They are all close to a year now. Pretty cool breeds they carry. Post some pics!

May I ask are they straight run or confirmed females? I know some unusual breeds are difficult to sex while young so I was wondering. or does it depend on what you bid on?I know some rare breeds are only sold straight run so I was curious? They sure are cute♡♡♡ Congratulations!!

Back
Top Bottom