Worms & Respiratory Disease - Rooster Booster Worked!!!

One question for you, dawg53, can my little 10 week-old chicks have the Valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer? All my chickens share water and I wasn't sure if it would be too much for younger chicks.

Yes. If you are giving it orally to each one...1/4cc undiluted. Bantams or smaller birds...1/8cc orally undiluted.

It has to go in straight, not mixed with water. Dawg's usual advice is to pull down on the wattles squirt a bit inside the beak with a needle-less syringe, release the wattles to swallow, and repeat.

I take a syringe with a fairly large needle and inject the wormer into those dried meal worms, there hollow inside. My chickens gobble them right up. You just have to make sure nobody else runs up and grabs a dose ment for someone else. It can take two to four worms for a dose. I just find it much easier.

I take a syringe with a fairly large needle and inject the wormer into those dried meal worms, there hollow inside. My chickens gobble them right up. You just have to make sure nobody else runs up and grabs a dose ment for someone else. It can take two to four worms for a dose. I just find it much easier.
Very inventive! Probably worth a try.

I have never commented on this site, but I have to say that the rooster booster does work. It even helped with eye worms... My rooster got eye worms and it was so bad I was going to cull him. But after five days with it the swelling went down around his eye and he started to crow...... To me it is an answered prayer. We really didn't want to loose our rooster. We had hatched him out and really thought he was awesome. So my daughters are so happy that their Radar..... is finally okay...... So way to do Rooster Booster Triple Wormer.......... It worked great..............

Strike III Type B Medicated Feed Poultry Dewormer by Durvet is a new product that contains as the active ingredient Hygromycin B. I am trying it with my backyard flock because I saw long roundworms in the poop. It was recommended by my feed store. You mix 1 LB of the concentrated pellets with 50 LBs feed or in my case, I am mixing 1 scoop (included) to 1 LB feed. It does not say how long to give it, though. No need to discard hen's eggs.

Strike III Type B Medicated Feed Poultry Dewormer by Durvet is a new product that contains as the active ingredient Hygromycin B. I am trying it with my backyard flock because I saw long roundworms in the poop. It was recommended by my feed store. You mix 1 LB of the concentrated pellets with 50 LBs feed or in my case, I am mixing 1 scoop (included) to 1 LB feed. It does not say how long to give it, though. No need to discard hen's eggs.
Yes, it'll take care of large roundworms, much like Rooster Booster wormer.

Back
Top Bottom