Worms & Respiratory Disease - Rooster Booster Worked!!!

I was hesitant to go outside my direct-fed wormers, and actually decided to give the Rooster Booster worm crumbles a shot. I mixed 1/3 oz to some feed today with a little wheat germ oil. In my opinion, a mini pellet would be better than a crumbled form. Smaller pieces tend to stay at the bottom of the feed trough. I'm glad it works for some of you folks.

I was hesitant to go outside my direct-fed wormers, and actually decided to give the Rooster Booster worm crumbles a shot. I mixed 1/3 oz to some feed today with a little wheat germ oil. In my opinion, a mini pellet would be better than a crumbled form. Smaller pieces tend to stay at the bottom of the feed trough. I'm glad it works for some of you folks.

Is there any egg withdrawal after using this?

Do my girls need to be kept in the pen (confined) while on a 5 day run of Rooster Booster? They usually free range.

Thanks!

I had one sneezey hen, and had lots of wild birds around as well as acquiring a lot of new birds this year. So, I read some positive reviews for the product and bought it, without a specific problem. The sneezey hen isn't sneezing and egg production went up. The birds ate it just fine. A 50 pound bag of food lasts about a week here, so that is how long they received it. :)

I bought 13 hens from a local egg producer that had the girls living in "less than ideal" conditions (their idea of free range chickens needs some house keeping) and the birds were wormy when they got home. Tried the Rooster Booster dewormer and 2 weeks later the droppings were all worm free. 6 weeks later, still no sign. I fed it to them for about 2 weeks and would prefer a pelletized version of this over the crumbles but I gave it them in their daily scratch grains and that seemed to work fine. I can recommend this product based on my own experience now but it is not the most inexpensive product. It was nice not to have to dispose of eggs while they were being treated too.

Strike III Type B Medicated Feed Poultry Dewormer by Durvet is a new product that contains as the active ingredient Hygromycin B.  I am trying it with my backyard flock because I saw long roundworms in the poop.  It was recommended by my feed store.  You mix 1 LB of the concentrated pellets with 50 LBs feed or in my case, I am mixing 1 scoop (included) to 1 LB feed.  It does not say how long to give it, though.  No need to discard hen's eggs.

i was wondering if anyone told you how long to give it?? Plus did it work for you? Iv been doing the same ... mix 1scoop with 1lb. ...

Back
Top Bottom