I will check the syringes when I get home to see the size of the needle, it's pretty small. I inject in the breast muscle on either side of the keel bone - it helps to have someone hold the chicken so you can see what you're doing. It's not hard - I will post more info after I look at the syringes to see the amount and needle size.

I think our 5 week ur old duckling has this issue ... what should we do? Also how do we know it’s that, new duckling parents lol so we need some advice, good advice, we don’t want it to die... thanks in advance

I think our 5 week ur old duckling has this issue ... what should we do? Also how do we know it’s that, new duckling parents lol so we need some advice, good advice, we don’t want it to die... thanks in advance

This article is fantastic! With chicks it's easier to use store bought vit. E (400IU strength) and Vit b complex, quarter of a tablet crushed and added to water. Prick the vitamin E and place a drop on the tip of the beak and they'll automatically swallow on their own. A teeny bit of scrambled egg or tuna for selenium to properly process the Vit. E! Might take a few days but this method has been very reliable for wry neck! You can also fashion a neck brace using bubble wrap to help hold its head up!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/wry-neck-causes-treatment-and-prevention.67732/

This article is fantastic! With chicks it's easier to use store bought vit. E (400IU strength) and Vit b complex, quarter of a tablet crushed and added to water. Prick the vitamin E and place a drop on the tip of the beak and they'll automatically swallow on their own. A teeny bit of scrambled egg or tuna for selenium to properly process the Vit. E! Might take a few days but this method has been very reliable for wry neck! You can also fashion a neck brace using bubble wrap to help hold its head up!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/wry-neck-causes-treatment-and-prevention.67732/
Thank you for the article, thank god it can still
Walk easily and doesn’t seem to have a problem ..... we are just trying to be proactive. We will try the recommendations the article gave hopefully it will work. So do you think it is wry neck or is there another reason it could be? Just wondering.. thank u for your help

Walk easily and doesn’t seem to have a problem ..... we are just trying to be proactive. We will try the recommendations the article gave hopefully it will work. So do you think it is wry neck or is there another reason it could be? Just wondering.. thank u for your help
Also we have three other ones that we bought at the same time and they are 5 times it’s size

Can you take a picture? Try googling wry neck and comparing. A picture on here will bring out a wealth of experienced and well educated folks who can weigh in. The above vitamin treatment won't hurt your little one if it is something else and does offer support for quite a few neurological issues.

Also we have three other ones that we bought at the same time and they are 5 times it’s size
Here are some pics, thank you for the info

Attachments

• 982C4C13-A187-4046-AC95-013C2FF97EA1.jpeg
    982C4C13-A187-4046-AC95-013C2FF97EA1.jpeg
    471.1 KB · Views: 6

Attachments

• 13EF65E7-A3D2-4FEB-8E2C-7B19A9505F35.jpeg
    13EF65E7-A3D2-4FEB-8E2C-7B19A9505F35.jpeg
    398.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 218A9FEB-4F7C-4EAB-B3FD-2A6BB6A2AE0A.jpeg
    218A9FEB-4F7C-4EAB-B3FD-2A6BB6A2AE0A.jpeg
    314.4 KB · Views: 4
  • EABF2CE3-75F0-4E25-8CFE-5CC48DBFA97D.jpeg
    EABF2CE3-75F0-4E25-8CFE-5CC48DBFA97D.jpeg
    398.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 58893602-57C6-4543-853A-7CC24897EC1E.jpeg
    58893602-57C6-4543-853A-7CC24897EC1E.jpeg
    314.4 KB · Views: 4

The pics are almost too close up. Can you take one of your duckling just on its own without your hand supporting them? It'll help if we can see their natural posture :) I'm sorry, it's not often we get pictures with too much detail! :gig

Back
Top Bottom