YO GEORGIANS! :)

DH wants to know what everyone does about flies.  My idea was to  put a lot of DE on the area.  He wants to put up fly strips.  Does anyone know about fly catcher bags?

I try to keep the sand in my runs raked regularly enough that the droppings stay covered/dried out and flies don't get TOO bad. Of course there will always be some, but I don't notice them being an annoyance.

And when I rake anything out to dump, I make sure to spread it well in the pasture in an open/sunny area where it too will stay dried out. It's worked pretty well for me so far. However when I think flies, I compare the amount to what you have when you have horses, so what I consider "not very many," may be different for others.

Last edited:
My neighbors dog killed 28 of my birds today I'm so freaking pisssssssseeeeeeddddddddd omg I'm soooo freaking out.........ahhhhhhh

OMG! That is terrible! What can you do? Can you get that neighbor to pay for your losses.....of course, nothing can replace the time and feelings that are lost on our special birds!

Oh no, I'm so sorry to read about the neighbor's dog and your birds! Definitely praying. If I was them and somehow my dog got out and wrecked that much havoc I'd be so upset. Hopefully they feel remorse and will offer some assistance, although I understand nothing can replace.

As for the flies, my baby chicks enjoy trying to catch (and sometimes do) gnats lol. Do chickens ever catch flies? I mean, my dog does
1f602.png

Hello all I know this is a chicken forum but my wife and i mostly my wife make homemade soap if any body is interested in some let me know we have several different kinds works great it is all we use now

Back
Top Bottom