YO GEORGIANS! :)

Ugh! The Broody season has hit here! Three already on eggs. Two wanting them! One broody's chicks are already hatching. A lady has already claimed whatever hatches from that one. Another guy wants 14 chicks as soon as I get them.
And, my ordered chicks come in next Wednesday! Some of those will be available. But, it will be fun to have chicks again!

Got the chicken coop all cleaned out from the mud slide that went in thru the juvenile's door! Lots of hard work! We are putting a drain in the back to prevent this from ever happening again! It has never rained so hard and for so many days in a row! But, glad the chickens are all dry again!

Hey Brucifer were doing ok. Hope your family is good as well. Fortunately all my chicks are and silkies are enclosed at night anyway. There is enough food out there I don't think the snake would try for them unless they were easy to get to. Hope not anyway. Have you gotten your quail yet. What about a small laying flock? Really hope to see y'all again sometime.
Hey Sue, Nothing like me answering your post a month later...lol Glad y'all are doing well.

We've had to put everything on hold over here. I have a long project list, but we may be moving, so I'm holding off on getting quail and any more chickens for now.

As much as I hate to do it, I've decided to sell my GQF 1502 Sportsman incubator. I almost put it up for sale a few months ago, but at this point, I need to sell it and my other poultry items as well. When we land on our feet somewhere and get settled, we'll just start over.

Does the BYC notification feature work? I haven't received a single notice from this thread in over a month, only a couple of BYC notices that they broadcast to everyone. What gives?

Hey, y'all, if we have a BYC shindig like we did last year at Jack's place, I'll bring a load of smoked tandoori chicken. I have this killer recipe down pat that pairs perfectly with a mint-coriander chutney dipping sauce that I make. A Pakistani wing man that owns a restaurant down the street from me, makes the best tandoori wings is the world, but he refused to share his recipe with me, so over the last six months, I have been working on reverse-engineering his recipe, and this is the result. Eureka! I've very pleased with this recipe.
:wee:wee

Let me know if y'all are interested are interested in getting together, and if we can get a location to meet lined up. However, it will have to be on a weekend in order for me to make it.

Back
Top Bottom