You know it's time to clean house when.......

mom'sfolly :

Somewhere there is the milliped planet. The people there have zillions of feet and wear a different sock on each foot. They aquire their socks one at a time, from the laundry baskets and washing machines of the American public....

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Besides, its the only plausible explanation for all the missing socks.

works for me. How else would they disappear like they do?
idunno.gif
hu.gif

Edited for clarity -- You know it's time to clean house when you hear a crunching sound as you walk across your vinyl Bird Room floor, and you wouldn't DARE walk through that room barefoot.
hmm.png

Last edited:
You know it's time to clean house when you spend 3 hours looking for your glasses and found that you scrub off your feet on a pile of dirty clothes that's walking out the laundry room.

When you worry if there's an emergency in the middle of the night will you be able to get to the door without breaking your neck

When you keep buying laundry baskets instead of putting up the dirty or the clean clothes!!!
lau.gif

I have kept buying laundry baskets. Because they just keep seeming to disappear. Even right now I want 2 more baskets. I always think that it is better to have baskets of clean clothes than dirty ones. I just seem to hate the folding and putting clothes away.

Last edited:
We are a family of 6 and I can't keep up with all the folding so instead I have a 8 milk crates on some shelves in my laundry room. Each person has a crate and the other two are for linens. After the laundry is finished in the dryer I seperate the laundry into the baskets....nonfolded. Then when I get a chance I have only a small crate to fold at a time....not the huge mountain I used to have. Sunday is put it all away day...so everyone grabs thier basket and puts it away...weather its folded or not. My children sure do miss jumping into the clean cclothes pile tough.
wink.png

As I said earlier....hell is a huge pile of unsorted laundry, much of which need to be pre-treated, handwashed or ironed on low....

It's time to clean when the Christmas tree looks like it has snow on it from all the dust....

I'm off to fold all the laundry stacked in the family room...I'll watch Tivo-ed stuff and maybe drink some wine....or whine, not sure which.

You know it's time to clean house when... while visiting your house your gran secretley writes the date in the dust that you never noticed, and then on her next visit shows you the date she wrote last time, and the time before that, and the time before that! lol

Quote:
Are the baskets disappearing under all of those clothes?
tongue.png

Country Freedom: Not so much anymore since I made the children go away.
gig.gif
But I have always had any number of basket collect stuff that I just didn't know where to put it. Those baskets tend to never come back for some reason.
hu.gif
Things are better now at least most of the time. I have been living with just 2 laundry baskets now for a number of years. I have found that not going to garage sales or shopping malls seem to make things better. Just figuring out that I have more than enough has helped the cleaning thing get easier. (And it saves a lot of money
celebrate.gif
)

Of course having to many pets doesn't help at all with the ongoing mess. The puppies are like have house full of toddlers running in and out of the house. The adult dogs and cats are not much better than the puppies. We laid bricks down near the entrance of the chicken coup yesterday, and then sanded the the spaces between the bricks. Now I have sand all over the floors of the house, and garage.
th.gif
Even the chicken that I had in the house today managed to get enough wood chips in the water, so that the water started to leak out all over the floor of my dining room.
barnie.gif

The 2 things I have the most trouble with now is the incoming mail, even though I trow most of it right into the recycle bin. I still just don't really know where to put the mail besides on the kitchen counter. And I am also still buying too many groceries. I could feed a small army, and have leftovers. This must be because I learn how to cook at the age of 12, while feeding a family of 9.
ya.gif
Right now I have the dishes done and most of the kitchen clean except for the mail, and the cat that is sitting on the kitchen counter next to me. OH well I can clean the counter again tomorrow.
th.gif

You know it's time to clean house when you climb out a window to answer the door because the door is crowded with stuff in front of it and the person outside wants to buy your chickens......MMMMMM......have I dont it, I'll never tell.....

Smile and have a blessed day! Nancy

Back
Top Bottom