You know you are "Country" when...

When you start to understand what your chickens are saying to you....by then it's too late. You are "country". You might be country (with apologies to Jeff Foxworthy) if:

1. If your chicken coop has more comfort features than your house....you might be country.
2. If you see a big buck in your front yard and you reach for the rifle instead of your cell phone camera...you might be country.
3. If your firewood pile poses a hazard to low flying aircraft....you might be country.
4. If you spend more per month on livestock feed than you do on Netflix...you might be country.
5. If you wife appreciates the flannel pajamas you got her for Christmas more than the box of chocolates...you might be country.
6. If you miss a day in church and your fellow parishioners ask your attending spouse if you are okay....you might be country.
7. If you don't have at least one garage freezer and refrigerator, you might NOT be country.
8. If you find no eggs in the layer box and scold your chickens for being slackers....you might be country.
9. If you have a spouse that doesn't give you grief when you come into the house on a day when it's storming, but the animals need tending to, and you track mud all over the kitchen floor...you might be country...but at least know where the mop is, that helps defuse the situation.
10. If a flannel jacket is your idea of dressing up....you ARE country.
11. If all your hats have ear flaps...you might be country.
12. If your wife sends you out to get some meat for dinner, and you grab your rifle instead of your wallet...you might be country.
13. If you come back empty handed (see #12 above), and end up at Denny's for senior special dinner...you might be OLD country.

When you start to understand what your chickens are saying to you....by then it's too late. You are "country". You might be country (with apologies to Jeff Foxworthy) if:

1. If your chicken coop has more comfort features than your house....you might be country.
2. If you see a big buck in your front yard and you reach for the rifle instead of your cell phone camera...you might be country.
3. If your firewood pile poses a hazard to low flying aircraft....you might be country.
4. If you spend more per month on livestock feed than you do on Netflix...you might be country.
5. If you wife appreciates the flannel pajamas you got her for Christmas more than the box of chocolates...you might be country.
6. If you miss a day in church and your fellow parishioners ask your attending spouse if you are okay....you might be country.
7. If you don't have at least one garage freezer and refrigerator, you might NOT be country.
8. If you find no eggs in the layer box and scold your chickens for being slackers....you might be country.
9. If you have a spouse that doesn't give you grief when you come into the house on a day when it's storming, but the animals need tending to, and you track mud all   over the kitchen floor...you might be country...but at least know where the mop is, that helps defuse the situation.
10. If a flannel jacket is your idea of dressing up....you ARE country.
11. If all your hats have ear flaps...you might be country.
12. If your wife sends you out to get some meat for dinner, and you grab your rifle instead of your wallet...you might be country.
13. If you come back empty handed (see #12 above), and end up at Denny's for senior special dinner...you might be OLD country.

#2 Yes!
#4 Yup! We don't even do Netflix anymore. LOL
#5 That describes my mom perfectly.
#7 We've got a big chest freezer in the garage. It works perfectly for venison. :lol:
#8 That's been me everyday for the past few months. Little stinkers.
#10 A plaid flannel shirt is usually as dressy as I get. :cool:

#14 If your better half tells you company is coming over and to remove the Guns & Ammo from the bathroom, and it's not a magazine she is talking about....you might be country.

You might be country when you couldn't afford a truck so you haul chick feed,layer feed, and deer corn in the truck . And hay bales in the back seat and passenger seat of an 03 Pontiac Sun fire.
You take the same car hunting and somehow get the doe that you shot crammed in the back seat because you forgot to attach the deer carrier that you welded up to the back of the car.
Your best hunting blind is sitting on the toilet with the window raised in your bathroom.

We thankfully have a truck. A 1997 beat up Ford F-150. Don't put a dime in it- no heat, no radio, shifter on steering wheel has fell apart & seat won't adjust, but it runs like a deer! :love

Not going to tell DH about that blind in the bathroom. Construction crew starts on our bathroom next month. It currently doesn't have a window & I want to keep it that way:D

We thankfully have a truck. A 1997 beat up Ford F-150. Don't put a dime in it- no heat, no radio, shifter on steering wheel has fell apart & seat won't adjust, but it runs like a deer! :love

Not going to tell DH about that blind in the bathroom. Construction crew starts on our bathroom next month. It currently doesn't have a window & I want to keep it that way:D
As long as it runs, that's all that matters. Only time I'll get another vehicle is when mine quits running and I nor no one else can fix it lol. I have a cracked windshield that I don't know how it got there. A dentied hood from hitting a deer, and a different color quarter panel from hitting the same deer. The deer was good btw. Only reason I replaced it is because it busted my lights out and it wouldn't pass inspection. Now I am going to get a truck when I can. It will run good and be beat to hel...... No since in getting a pretty one since I plan on hunting and pushing over trees with it. It'd be nice to find one of the old vans with the motor in between the seats so I don't have to worry about messing the motor up by pushing things over. It'd be a deadly weapon for hitting deer too. I could cut the shell off the back and transform it into a truck.

When you drive past a yard with a pile of manure. Instead of wrinkling your nose, and saying... "Peeyu!" You start trying to figure out how many sq. yds. of manure are in that pile, and how best to get it moved to your yard.

When you eagerly check the mailbox every day in the winter for new seed catalogs, or perhaps even your first order of seeds.

When you empty the ashes out of the stove, and spend several minutes debating with yourself about the very best place in the yard to dump them, "where they'll do the most good".

When you'd rather rush home after work to check on the flock and gather eggs, instead of running a few errands while you're in town.

When you can't figure out why a lot of your friends and family, just don't get excited about the same things that you do... like the perfect snow flake... Oh... wait a minute, they're all perfect! Like the smell of the evergreen trees that tickles your nose when you're getting close to home. Like the first seedlings to break the soil in the garden, like the first green anything that you harvest from your spring garden. Like the first little green pullet egg from your spring hatched birds. Like the pleasure of watching your flock foraging across the lawn.

Last edited:
When it's cold outside and raining and the youngens run outside to play in the rain. And sometimes they carry soap.

When you call your kids youngens lol.

When you decorate a scraped car and your John boat with Christmas lights..

When you pull your own teeth with pliers because you hate to go to the dentist.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom