You know you are "Country" when...

Got another one...

You know you're "country" when your toddler goes to bed snuggled up with ears of field corn, pine cones, cucumbers, and dirty carrots from the garden...NOT stuffed animals and teddy bears.

Lol he doesn't want a teddy bear, he wants a chicken :p

I just got the grand idea to let my daughter go ahead and make her silkie a harness so she can walk her...to the bus..

Mary had a little...chicken?

:D

Farm kids are awesome lol ;)

you know your country when deer hunting season is like a national holiday and that's all anyone talks about.

Last edited:
Lol he doesn't want a teddy bear, he wants a chicken :p

I just got the grand idea to let my daughter go ahead and make her silkie a harness so she can walk her...to the bus..

Mary had a little...chicken?

:D

Farm kids are awesome lol ;)

Hey, that's a great idea! Sell 'em on Etsy! Mary had a little chicken...hahaha! The world would be a boring place without farm kids. ;-)

The ear of field corn thing was really cute and funny until one night, he woke up, SCREAMING his head off and CRYING inconsolably for "CORN! CORN!" until Daddy went downstairs to find it. :th Apparently, it's a snack and object of affection rolled into one. Oh, he savors it one delectable kernel at a time...as I try not to think of all the pesticides and GMOs. :/ Then I smile and remember that almost everything else he eats is organic. :idunno

Last edited:
Hey, that's a great idea! Sell 'em on Etsy! Mary had a little chicken...hahaha! The world would be a boring place without farm kids. ;-)

The ear of field corn thing was really cute and funny until one night, he woke up, SCREAMING his head off and CRYING inconsolably for "CORN! CORN!" until Daddy went downstairs to find it. :th Apparently, it's a snack and object of affection rolled into one. Oh, he savors it one delectable kernel at a time...as I try not to think of all the pesticides and GMOs. :/ Then I smile and remember that almost everything else he eats is organic. :idunno

ROFL that's awesome :D a boy after my own heart lol, I used to volunteer to feed the horses just so I could pick the flattened corn pieces out of the sweet feed ;)

It's too bad I never got it fresh and chewy, just dry and molasses coated lol :(

PS, DH thinks we should put Batman on the leash as punishment for almost scalping one of my Wyandottes lol :p

Last edited:
ROFL that's awesome :D a boy after my own heart lol, I used to volunteer to feed the horses just so I could pick the flattened corn pieces out of the sweet feed ;)

It's too bad I never got it fresh and chewy, just dry and molasses coated lol :(

PS, DH thinks we should put Batman on the leash as punishment for almost scalping one of my Wyandottes lol :p

Sounds like a rustic, hick version of frosted flakes... haha!

When I was a little girl, my idea of a thrill ride was to stand on the gate to the pasture, while the rams took turns butting it and trying to bounce me off. Then, I'd climb up on the grain barrel. It was an old wooden barrel with a wood top. I'd scoop the sweet grain out and munch on it. Stopped climbing up there when the lid shifted, dumping me into the barrel, and I got clubbed in the chops by the descending lid. Bruised the enamel on my front teeth, leaving two "white spots".

When I was a little girl, my idea of a thrill ride was to stand on the gate to the pasture, while the rams took turns butting it and trying to bounce me off.  Then, I'd climb up on the grain barrel.  It was an old wooden barrel with a wood top.  I'd scoop the sweet grain out and munch on it.  Stopped climbing up there when the lid shifted, dumping me into the barrel, and I got clubbed in the chops by the descending lid.  Bruised the enamel on my front teeth, leaving two "white spots".  

Oh I used to get in SO much trouble for hanging on the gates lol ;) ABD stirring up the sheep... Ha-ha we didn't worry about the GMOs in the grain then...or the bug poo ;)

You know you're country when you look forward to blizzards because pheasant can't hide very well in snow ;)

And on that note, seeing a deceased rooster on the side of the road and slamming it in reverse to snag the prize, only to have your heart sink when you see footprints leading up to it; somebody snagged his tail already :(

Oh, well, the cat enjoys giant bird toys and the kids get to check him out nice and close; since I had to back up for him, I'm not leaving empty handed lol ;)

Last edited:
You know you're country when you look forward to blizzards because pheasant can't hide very well in snow ;)

And on that note, seeing a deceased rooster on the side of the road and slamming it in reverse to snag the prize, only to have your heart sink when you see footprints leading up to it; somebody snagged his tail already :(

Oh, well, the cat enjoys giant bird toys and the kids get to check him out nice and close; since I had to back up for him, I'm not leaving empty handed lol ;)

I remember sitting in my grandma's living room when a hawk slammed into her picture window and killed itself. My brother and I carried it around and played with it the entire day. So, evidently, some KIDS also enjoy playing with giant bird toys. ;-)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom