You might be a crazy chicken lady/gent if...Go on, post yours!

Quote:
Omg - I am soooo asking my dh to do that!

It doesn't work at all for me
idunno.gif

If you carry around multiple live traps in your truck on your day off work......

If you stand in line at Subway and wonder what your chickens would like on "their" sandwich.

Last edited:
If you watch movies JUST to see the "chicken scenes" and know exactly what kind of chickens are in there.
(I'll look up old westerns that have farm scenes just to see their chickens)

If you paint chickens, bach at your family (We have a code now...) and kiss and hug a banty roo.
smile.png
........An adorable cute fluffy cochin roo!!
love.gif

AH! I haven't seen either of those... off the top of my head, i know: "Old Yeller"- dominiques, "Savage Sam"- buffs, barred rocks, appear to be rhode island reds, black hens, and the rooster is a buff/rir cross!
big_smile.png
Then there's "Johnson County War"? I think that's the name- EE's... "Sarah, Plain and Tall"- the 3 chicks look to be 1) delaware cross, 2) maybe rhode island red, and 3) something BB-red. OH!!! I forgot "Little House on the Prairie"! In an early episode they had rhode island reds and barred rocks... but later ones show an improved/bigger chicken coop with mixed chickens.

And, there's "Davy Crocket, King of The Wild Frontier"- I saw a red hen (sex link or "rhode island red") and a white leghorn hen.
"Hocus Pocus"- EE's and maybe some barred rock mixes?
"Swiss Family Robinson"- lots of gamey looking chickens. (not to mention pilgrim geese and muscovy ducks!)
"The Rare Breed"- I saw buff hens... maybe a few red hens.
"My Friend Flicka"- The rooster was black... I saw some white hens with him... maybe a red hen or two.
"Babe"- Black roo, buff orp and white leghorn hens.
"Lonesome Dove"- the rooster that Peach killed was a game cross or something partridge, then the hens at the old guy's lover's farm were barred rocks I BELIEVE. Oh! And before that there were buff orps running around at the farm of the woman who ran off to have that baby...
"Homeward Bound"- There's white silkies running around, and red sex link hens inside the coop.
"Red Fury"- Black and gold rooster, red sex link looking hens, one rhode island red hen...
"Seven Alone"- White leghorns
"The Wild Country"- White leghorns
"Jeremiah Johnson"- gamey or pure game hens(at the indian camp).
"White Fang"- Saw some red sex links, barred rock crosses, some real mixed breed hens, EE hen, and a barred roo.
"Jurassic Park"- In the very begining a woman is selling gamey chickens!

See my point! haha
D.gif

Can someone tell me what the chickens were in "The Yearling"? I don't remember
sad.png

When the chickens call out in the morning you'd swear they are screaming, "MAMA!"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom