You'll never believe what I found at Wal Mart! Update #36 *Pics*

Quote:
LOL......
gig.gif
*tears*

I wonder if that's what happened...if someone actually drove to walmart and she was in the undercarriage of their car...I mean, someone could have dumped her too. But makes you wonder if someone's upset, missing their chicken... poor thing.
smile.png

I just went out to check on her and give her some canned peas as a treat and she had already laid her first egg!

It's a nice-sized creamy white color...which is a little weird since she has red ear lobes. Do game chickens usually lay white eggs or brown?

She was actually sitting on it when I came out, kind of like she intended to stay there...too bad I don't have a 'bator! With the way her feathers are all ripped out, she's definitely been mated very recently so I bet that egg is fertile!

*sigh* the hubby would say I need more chickens like I need another hole in my head, though!

Ok, so I thought the egg was white when I first looked at it, but now I'm not so sure. I held it up to a sheet of paper, and it's actually considerably darker than a true white egg. Kinda looks tinted sort of a taupe color.

See, I've been waiting for eggs for so long that now that I have some I am obsessing over the color!
tongue.png

Anyway, I'll try to get a good pic of the egg, mebbe that will help some with identifying her breed.

Last edited:
Quote:
Cool! I like variety and I tried to get a few of everything, but the only 'game' breed chicken I have is my teeny splash modern game bantam rooster.

Now I just have to cross my fingers and hope she clears quarantine and is able to fit in with the rest of the 'herd.'

Back
Top Bottom