1 jar caramel topping (the kind used for ice cream)
1 box of chocolate cake mix (any that say moist or fudge)
1 cup water
½ cup vegetable oil
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 °. Grease large fluted bundt cake pan with butter. Pour 1/4 cup caramel topping in bottom of pan.
2. In large mixing bowl combine all cake ingredients and beat well with mixer for 2-3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter over topping in bundt pan.
3. Place flan ingredients in blender with cover. Blend for approx. 1 minute until smooth. Very slowly pour flan mixture over cake mix. I pour it into large spoon and the overflow gently covers cake mix. Flan mixture will mix with cake batter, but during baking it will separate.
4. Put 1 inch of hot water in large roasting pan. Cover bundt pan with aluminum foil and set into roasting pan.
5. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. When cake is done remove it from hot water bath, remove foil and set on cooling rack for at least 1 hour.
6. Place cake plate upside down on bundt pan and turn over so that flan is on top and cake is on the bottom.
7. Cut cake into slices and drizzle remaining caramel sauce on individual servings. STORE LEFTOVERS IN REFRIGERATOR.
If I don't get everything out that is needed I sometimes forget an ingredient,
Making the flan.
Ready for oven.
Cooling and waiting,,,,,,
Had to try a piece
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!