Here is our finished coop. It took about 3 weeks to complete & we only bought the wire and hardware. All lumber items were laying around the house or a friends house.I had a window and a door laying around too.
Our Coop is 6' x 3.5' with a 6'x7' (6'x11' if you count area under the coop) run. The coop is raised about 12" at the door. All wire is nailed to a 2x4 then sandwiched with a second 2x4. It is also buried 8 to 12 inches. It is also tall enough for me to get in to clean. We put a roof over the whole coop, since we live in Colorado and you never know what the weather will be like.
There is a 6' privacy fence on 2 sides of the run and the wire on 1 side. One reason we put it next to the house was to run an outlet to it. There was already a pre-wire for an exterior box in this spot. Also we are hoping between our dogs, neighbor dogs and closeness to the house it will keep most predators away.
The girls first night in the coop.
Day 1 - Use kid labor to level out coop and run area
Day 2 -use 2 pallets for the floor. 6 pieces of 4x6 cedar for the legs. Since it's up against the house an porch we pre-sidded & painted the walls.
West wall and nest box area. Painted and ready to install.
End of day 1 - Floor and three walls done, 4th wall framed.
Day 2 - My daughter and I painted an old door (It was in my garden & we had chicken wire and lattice on it with vines last summer).
End of Day 2- Door Done!
Day 3 - (about a week after day 1) . Run and roof begin framing. Window was installed on Day 2. The window was in a pile I am collecting for a green house or VERY LARGE cold frame.
South Wall installed.
My artwork, I mean the door is installed.
End of Day 3. Chicken wire up, South wall done & door installed.
Day 4 - Nesting boxes built.
Roof started. (kid help)
Day 7& 8 - Ramp built, roosting bars installed.
Pic's of inside did not come out well. So I did not post. If I can get some I will add them.
End of Day 8 - Done!
Extended run added a couple months later gives 12'x11' more space to run and converted the old unused dog house into a Broody House (aka, George's house). Still have to do a few things to make it chick proof, but we have a few weeks until they hatch.