After we built our incubator and used it a couple of times I realized I forgot a very important thing, a good place for the eggs to hatch! The first time we hatched in the bator, I removed the water pan in the bottom and placed the eggs there. Bad idea! After 2 hatches, and not a very hatch rate, I started trying find out what was happening. After research, I found out my eggs were going through "shrink-wraping". This comes from not enough humidity during the last days of incubation.
The 3rd hatch we tried we placed smaller water pans in different places in the bator to try to keep the humidity up but were unable to keep it steady. So getting frustrated I decided to build a "Hatcher".
This is what I did:
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!