Your flowers and rocks are what I have been thinking of doing to create the predator proofing. I really can't dig effectively in the soil where we are so I can trench out and bury wire. I could do this though and put the wire under the landscaping. Thanks!
for anyone looking, here is the link to the process over a few years... https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/chicken-coop-number-two.72417/
Original coop/shed was an 8x8 shed, with way too many nestboxes, and a low head clearance, which made it tough to clean. I built the second coop a few years later, and paid attention to ventilation and ease of cleaning. I used old cabinets for the nest boxes, and added boards to the front before the girls started laying. They peeps are all doing well in their new digs, and I'm much more at ease having the coop closer to the house than the woods. Thanks for checking in!