Hello everyone! I am brand new to chicken owning, and I have recently finished my first chicken coop! I didn't build the actual coop, but I did build the run. It is quite simple, but it takes time.
1. Decide where you want your coop to be. Then dig a trench along the perimeter of your run area (make it bigger than you think)
2. Once you dig your trench (which should be about a foot deep) put your posts in. Now make your framework along the posts with wood.
3. Unfortunately, now that trench you worked so hard on is about to be filled in. Wrap your wire around your run, and staple it to your wood framework.
4. Now you take rocks and tie the base of your wire to the rocks to weight it down. Once your wire is taught, fill in your trench.
5. Now put your roof on. I used a wood framework then nailed tin sheets to it, but you can use whatever roofing you want.
6. Now (I had gaps from my wire to my roof) so take some more wire and wrap it around so there are NO gaps.
7. Now it is time for the door. You can do whatever you want in this step, but I painted my door the same color as my coop.
8. Now, stand back and admire your beautiful coop, because you worked so hard on it.
I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT!